I just got my very first, brand new K Ride !!! :)

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hey friends, I just wanted to share my new addition with you, my first K Series cymbal.

It's a 20" K ride, the "regular" one, just "K".
Sold my 20" A Medium Ride thinking about getting a 22" K but after testing them side by side, I finally chose it's little brother. They're both awesome cymbals, I wanted a 22" so bad but after playing them, this one suits my music better so I went for it. Brighter with more ping and more defined bell.

Anyway, I'm really happy with this purchase so I wanted to share it with you guys. :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• imagen2702.jpg
    imagen2702.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 286
  • imagen2708.jpg
    imagen2708.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 280
  • imagen2705.jpg
    imagen2705.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 271
  • imagen2738.jpg
    imagen2738.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
wow that is beautiful...the new ones look pretty sexy w/ the hand-hammering pattern. can i ask how much you paid for that one ?

Very nice purchase! What do your band mates think of it or do they even care? I bet it sounds killer!

Very nice & Congratulations on your New K..
my last visit at Sam Ash, I noticed that I was diggin'
the K's over Avedis..

enjoy :)

Nice purchase! This ride was actually my second choice, but in the end I'm going with a bos.

Looks great though!

Congrats! My first K was like yours. It just said "ride" on it, and I still kick myself for letting that one get away! I'm sure it will be an awesome ride for everything!

wow that is beautiful...the new ones look pretty sexy w/ the hand-hammering pattern. can i ask how much you paid for that one ?

Hi Double G, of course you can, but I don't know if it's very useful to you since I live in Uruguay.
The list price for this cymbal here is $440. I got it for $356 'cause I have a special discount on the music store, but still.. it is quite expensive.

Very nice purchase! What do your band mates think of it or do they even care? I bet it sounds killer!

LOL, I showed at band practice like:

- "hey guys!! Look what I got!!!" :D *huge happiness face*

- ... (silence) :l

- "It's a K Ride, man!!!" :D

- ... (silence) *faces like "he finally lost it"* :l

LOL :)

Naa, I don't think they even notice.. but I do, hell yeah. ;)

Been there and done that 3 times over. Its never a bad day when you bring home a nice K

Yeah, if only we could bring home K's more often..!

Very nice & Congratulations on your New K..
my last visit at Sam Ash, I noticed that I was diggin'
the K's over Avedis..

enjoy :)

Thanks Chazz! I've still got a pair of 14" A Mastersound Hihats and an 18" A Medium Thin Crash, and have no plans of changing them, I really like them, Avedis' are awesome IMO, but in the ride department I think it's tough to beat the K's. :)

Nice purchase! This ride was actually my second choice, but in the end I'm going with a bos. Looks great though!

Thanks man, there are no Bosphorus dealers where I live so I can't compare.. but I'm aware they're awesome cymbals as well.

Congrats! My first K was like yours. It just said "ride" on it, and I still kick myself for letting that one get away! I'm sure it will be an awesome ride for everything!

Thanks Bo, I think it's very versatile yet very musical and with a little bit of "character", more than my previous A Med Ride for sure, if you know what I mean.

Well.. I just attached the images 'cause imageshack is being really obnoxious lately.

Thanks for the comments, cheers.

LOL, I showed at band practice like:

- "hey guys!! Look what I got!!!" :D *huge happiness face*

- ... (silence) :l

- "It's a K Ride, man!!!" :D

- ... (silence) *faces like "he finally lost it"* :l

LOL :)

Naa, I don't think they even notice.. but I do, hell yeah. ;)

This is the story of my life. All they see is a new drum, cymbal or piece of hardware. They don't see the K, the Ludwig BB or the DW 9000. It's all just lost on them. They also make fun of me for taking pictures whenever I change something up. What can I say? I'm a gear head!
Congrats on the K Ride. I bought my Custom K Dry Ride almost 15 years ago and I just can't see myself playing anything else. I'll never get rid of it.

There are cymbals, then there's your first K. I have tons of cymbals I use but there's something exciting about the first K you are able to call your own.

Congrats. Hang onto it!

Back