Ludwig Classic Maple - update!

Stroman

Diamond Member
Here are some new pictures of my Ludwigs - the drums came with black hoops when I had requested natural maple, so they sent the new hoops. I really like the way they make the drums look! I also am including a picture of the latest configuration of the Kelly Shu mount inside the bass drum. I decided to run the cable out through the batter head and see how that works, and it is just fine! Now all I need to do is order a new reso (without the port) and I will have things just the way I want them. It is sounding SO good.

Attachments

• 130_3043 (506x800).jpg
    130_3043 (506x800).jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 671
  • 130_3042 (800x534).jpg
    130_3042 (800x534).jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 738
  • 130_3040 (800x532).jpg
    130_3040 (800x532).jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 1,111
Hey, looks like my first kit

5y9hjo.jpg

Lol, well, same colour.
But I did have these

123xuux.jpg

You can never go wrong with classic blue sparkle. Looks sweet! I'm curious to know how the Kelly mount works with routing cable through the batter head? Will the opening get warn over time with the constant beating the batter head takes resulting in more frequent replacement? Is the sound affected by this? This method does offer cleaner look from the front though.

Mmmm... those wooden hoops look sweet!

I'm always stunned when I see your kit, and the wood hoops make it look even sexier!
Lovely!

You can never go wrong with classic blue sparkle. Looks sweet! I'm curious to know how the Kelly mount works with routing cable through the batter head? Will the opening get warn over time with the constant beating the batter head takes resulting in more frequent replacement? Is the sound affected by this? This method does offer cleaner look from the front though.

There is minimal effect on sound. Right now I have soft foam weather-stripping around the cable to prevent wear. I'd like to put a rubber grommet on there, but haven't had a chance yet. It's still a new set-up for me, but so far, so good! I just coil up the cable and put it in the case with the drum during transport.

Your Ludwig B/S Maple looks Great....
the maple hoops look good...but I guess beauty
is in the eye,,,,
I liked the black hoops with inlay better :D
still sweet

Back