This forum is rampant with heroes

diosdude

Silver Member
As corollary to my rant thread, i'm posting a rave thread also, because from what i've seen so far, Bernhard, NuthaJason and Dogbreath run the best drum forum on the web but it's the insights and help from some great forum members that make DW a place i can call my own. There are some great people on here that always offer up helpful advice and insights to anyone who asks. They know who they are but in case you guys don't, my hat's off to the following members and pros:

HarryConway
Mediocrefunkybeat
Derrek Roddy
Tim Watterson

For the threads that i read alot (a lot of gear threads, heavy metal, double bass drumming, home recording and general technique these are a few of the good guys that i've seen go above and beyond to help a stranger.

The list is terribly incomplete, feel free to add to the good guys list.

He doesn't contribute to any other thread than his but he answer his fans questions without missing one making his thread one of the most viewed and replied. I'm talking about Gavin Harrison

He's definitely a DW osbcur hero, many register to DW just to ask Gavin questions because they know he will answer back.

Last edited:
He doesn't contribute to any other thread than his but he answer his fans questions without missing one making his thread one of the most viewed and replied. I talking about Gavin Harrison

He's definitely a DW osbcur hero, many register to DW just to ask Gavin questions because they know he will answer back.

I've seen him post in threads about heads several times. Most recently here..

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49177

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48861

Drummer Karl is a Drummer World Hero. Always positive and inspirational. I constantly re-discover
my enthusiasm and passion for the instrument through his posts.

Last edited:
Yes, all of the above. Also, even though he is new to the boards, Todd Suchermann has answered lots of questions.

Pat Petrillo has also done great with that, and answers personal PM's very promptly. Great insight and perspective on numerous topics.

I disagree, respectfully but no heroes. I think, everybody at all levels (bottom-middle-top) on this forum, have contributed with it's grain of sand and still.

Cheers,

Bermuda, Pat P., Dan Britt, Alex Luce, Aydee, GruntersDad, Steady Freddy, Karl Crafton, (the other) Karl...I'm sorry if I'm forgetting anyone. I'd also like to thank the academy...*tears streaming*.

I disagree, respectfully but no heroes. I think, everybody at all levels (bottom-middle-top) on this forum, have contributed with it's grain of sand and still.

Cheers,

I don't know if i can agree with this entirely, to the point of saying that even the people who have just put "MOTOROLA H1N1 ONLY $30000!!!!!!" or something to that effect but i do know what you're trying to say. Diosdude don't you think that it is slightly contradictory to have such a thread like this with regards to some of the things you said in the 'punks thread?

Cheers,

I certainly consider myself 'one of the guys' among my forum companions, despite having a high-profile gig. There are people here who play more than I do, and who are discovering music and drummers that I just don't have time to explore on my own. So I keep my ears - and mind - open, and never forget that there's a lot of great give-and-take here.

Bermuda

I second all heros that have been posted, and I too find MFB a DW hero, I mean, every single thread about recording/ home recording/ soundguys/ mics has an incredibly full post by MFB, this guy takes the time to repeat what he's already said a thousand times. I vote for him (wait, this is no contest right?)

Salud.

I certainly consider myself 'one of the guys' among my forum companions, despite having a high-profile gig. There are people here who play more than I do, and who are discovering music and drummers that I just don't have time to explore on my own. So I keep my ears - and mind - open, and never forget that there's a lot of great give-and-take here.

Bermuda

One of my favorite things about this place! You and I had a very non-heated debate about the music industry recently, and even though I'm a very low-level professional, and you are in a much higher place, it was respectful and fun on both parts. I really appreciated it, and to be honest, I may have an announcement soon that largely stems from the advice you gave in that discussion.

I don't post much, but I guess this is my chance to say thanks to Bermuda. seriously man, you have helped me sooo much with your advice.

Your definetly my fav DWer

I need to add cdrums21 He has the patience of a saint and really goes out of his way to help out a fellow drummer. A real asset to an already great site. You also mentioned Todd Sucherman and Pat Patrillo as well.

A great site with great members.

Diosdude don't you think that it is slightly contradictory to have such a thread like this with regards to some of the things you said in the 'punks thread?

Of course it's very contradictory. I never said DW was a bad place or that all the members were bad guys. I just had to rant about a particular behavioral trend i see recur in other threads where certain, unmentioned members feel that the forum is an appropriate place for their childish demagoguery and continue to berate members who interract with other new members that have questions or are looking for insights into drumming or drumming related topics. On the same hand, i have to rave about members that unselfishly welcome new members and are always there to lend a useful bit of information or take time to write out lengthy, helpful, insightful explanations or replies. If a new member joins every day and asks the same question that i know the answer to, i'm going to take time to welcome them and answer the question. Usually, though, some other "hero" beats me to the reply with a much better answer than i can articulate.

I had to close that rant thread though because i forsaw it could get out of control from its controversy and inflammatory remarks. I certainly didn't think it would get so many views or replies or 5 stars for that matter. That's just evidence that others believe the same way i do about the subject.

Back