i found this drum online...what do you think? (asap!)

tamadrummer132

Silver Member
Heres the story, i found this 14x4 pearl free floating maple snare drum online (website is a secret! or someone will steal it) for....170 dollars.

yeap. thats right.

should i get it?

Snare2.jpg

Snare4.jpg

Snare1.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the story, i found this 14x4 pearl free floating snare drum online (website is a secret! or someone will steal it) for....170 dollars.

yeap. thats right.

should i get it?

Snare2.jpg

Snare4.jpg

Snare1.jpg

Sadly, the pics aren't showing up for me. It's a good price, not a great steal or anything. I believe the drum goes for around $200-$225 usually, new. So, yeah, you save $50 or so.

Last edited:

Uh, the drum you linked to isn't available in 14x4 (on that site, at least). I'm not trying to be a dick here, just making sure you don't get taken for a ride. If it is what they say it is, that's a good deal, though.

I think this is an older model of the FF. I'm not 100% on that, but it is pretty beat up. I would say this is a mediocre deal. If it was 5 1/2" with no scratches for that price, I would jump all over it.

Last edited:
yeah, im definitly gonna steel wool the rims. but im currently using a 12x3.5 steel picollo, so i think its gonna be a hugeeee difference. i wouldve liked the 14x5.5 as opposed to the 3.5, but for 170 bucks...i dont think its bad

it seems alright but again it is an older version of the Free Floating series by Pearl.

The shell seems newer-ish but i'm not sure.

In terms of great deals, I recently got a Black Panther 13 x 3.5 Birdseye Premium for $100. That deal i had to jump on it. $175 though for a snare seems decent but I guess go for a try if possible to see if you want it.

My verdict: it's an ok price. Though the only beef i had with the Free Floating was that at one point i used a Brass shell Free Floating Pearl snare and the strainer gave me a huge problem.

So good luck with that.

Back