Opened for Ted Nugent last night....

BillRayDrums

Gold Member
Wild Mick Brown is his drummer. What a super nice guy! And talk about a total pro- "just shut up and do the gig". And he does it so well.

The band sounded amazing, Mr Nugent sounded great too. I mean, when he was playing music. Otherwise it sounded like someone bitching out their significant other. I really didn't stay inside because that crowd wanted to see him skin something or other.

Anyhow, I still reek of gunpowder.

haha, your description of him and the gig is hilarious. See any racoon hats in the crowd? A lot of camo?

I went to see Ted Nigent in the 70s' and he was awesome. I alwasy liked his early stuff adn eh had a killer small tight band. Sadly I was too young to know politics or what he stood for, and now think he's a total bigoted megalomaniac.

I saw him in the late 70s at one of those big summer stadium concerts with a half dozen bands. I was singularly unimpressed with his music and his demeanor. Sorry, but if you use the same 4 letter words over and over, no matter how loud you shout them, it gets pretty boring. It seems he writes his songs the same way!

...and an animal abuser.

Ted isn't abusing animals. That implies that they suffer. Ted shoots them dead.

No fuss, no muss.

The biggest abusers of animals in the USA are law enforcement agencies who routinely kill dogs while serving No Knock warrants. Don't believe me, Google the data.
Ted is just a man who legally hunts for food and sport.
Congrats on the gig Bill!

Awesome Bill. But then again, you really bring like, everything you could ever want, to the table.

Congrats, Bill!

I know the guy who engineered his new album and I'm still waiting to talk to him about the experience. I bet he has some stories!

Is Derek St. Holmes (sp?) still in the band?

Wow. That's great opening for the Motor City Madman. So cool. You guys probably impressed his band, in your on right. Congrats.

Funny.

I saw the thread title "Opened for Ted Nugent last night...." and thought (based on previous, slightly cryptic posts) "well, that won't be Bill Ray then".

How wrong was I?

The biggest abusers of animals in the USA are law enforcement agencies who routinely kill dogs while serving No Knock warrants. Don't believe me, Google the data.
Ted is just a man who legally hunts for food and sport.
Congrats on the gig Bill!

While some of those killings are preventable,some are also justified.Speaking from experience,some of those dogs are bred to be mean and bite at the drop of a hat.There was, and still is, a trend for unscruplous vets to neutralize a dogs vocal chords so the animal can't bark or growl,so there's no warning,and the dog is on you in a heart beat..I myself was involved on several arrest warrant cases,where the suspects were not only heavily armed,but had pit bulls that were altered,as well as other booby traps(yes they're real folks) though out the residence.The NYPD at least has started to train officers in using less that deadly force in dealing with animals,and has also taken over animal rescue,and proscuting animal abuse from the ASPCA police,that have been disbanded.All future police response won't be so heavy handed in the future,especially since the current police comissioner and his wife are life long animal lovers,as am I

I can't answer for other departments,but some of them just don't have the money for extensive training in dealing with animals,but thats no excuse.Some departments think all problems are a nail,and all solutions are a hammer.That backwards thinking is slowly changing

Sorry for the OT response but that particular statement had to be addressed.Cops, as a general rule, don't hate dogs,but they just want to go home in one piece after a tour is over.

Steve B

Funny.

I saw the thread title "Opened for Ted Nugent last night...." and thought (based on previous, slightly cryptic posts) "well, that won't be Bill Ray then".

How wrong was I?

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing! As for Nugent, he is a very polarizing person and I did not hang around. My friend was hired by TN's management to take photos; when he asked a person if he could occupy his space for 10 seconds to grab a good shot, this guy said "I don't move for anyone, motherfucker".... Well OK!! Nice crowd you draw there, Mister!

So I stayed outside for a while talking to some friends and while his band and songs were delivered with precision, in between songs it sounded like someone yelling at their teenager for being shiftless. Dude's got quite a pulpit...

Back