My Yamaha Musashi Oak came in today!

Dirtysticks

When I got home today, I had a nice sized box waiting for me outside the front door and I already knew what it was. In the past, two of the snares that I've owned, and sold were the 7x13 Gretsch Catalina Club and the 6.5x13 Yamaha Musashi Oak. A couple weeks ago I add the 7x13 Gretsch back, and in the box was a 6.5x13 Musashi Oak. I opened the box up and upon imspection of the drum, inside and out, this drum looks to be in like new condition. It doesn't have a scrath, nick or blemish on it. It's pristine! It even still had the stock heads on it. I replaced the stock head with a fresh Remo Coated Ambasador and I tuned the bottom up pretty with the top in the mid-range. It sounds soooo good, just like I remember it. The last one I had was used and wasn't in near pristine. I am glad to have this on back in my snare arsenal!

Pics Below:

Hey - that looks just like mine - LOL
It looks in really nice shape.

There seems to be a lot of used ones for sale lately.
I guess people must get them and then decide it wasn't exactly what they were looking for.
Some people just like trying out a lot of different snares too, I guess.
I like mine a lot though.

Hey - that looks just like mine - LOL
It looks in really nice shape.

There seems to be a lot of used ones for sale lately.
I guess people must get them and then decide it wasn't exactly what they were looking for.
Some people just like trying out a lot of different snares too, I guess.
I like mine a lot though.

There were a few of them on guitarcenter.com for nice prices. This one looks brand new and it was on $119.99. I plan on keeping it in the arsenal this time too. Some may find it too loud, or too ringy, to high, etc, but with the right head choice and tuning, this drum sounds amazing. To me, it sounds tops with just a Coated Ambassador. I guess some drummers kind of having a revolving door for their snares, and keep buying and selling until they find their ideal sound. whatever it is, I'm glad it allowed me to get this one for a goo price.

congrats on the "re"-pick up

i was considering one of these 13"x6.5" snares a while back, but ended up with tama arwood in 13"x7"

I've used this snare exclusively for over a year now. I also prefer it with a coated single-ply head. What I like about the musashi is it sounds good in any tension and it tunes easily. Have fun with it

I haven't played one of these, but it sounds like something I need to check out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AazV4TxEeU

Yeah, I'm sure you'll like it more once you hear it in person and mess around with the tuning.

congrats on the "re"-pick up

i was considering one of these 13"x6.5" snares a while back, but ended up with tama arwood in 13"x7"

Thanks, the Artwoods are nice as well! A friend of mine has one and he loves it, and I like it as well when I hear it.

I've used this snare exclusively for over a year now. I also prefer it with a coated single-ply head. What I like about the musashi is it sounds good in any tension and it tunes easily. Have fun with it

Exactly, the single ply coated heads bring out the best in this drum, and it does tune up ridiculous quick and easy.

Back