The condition of my drums

fosterthedrummer

Hi, I am new here. I just started the drums, and want to play... rock. I also started electric guitar. These drums are my brothers. He is gone, so he is letting me have them. He played on them a lot when he first had them. I want to say these are from 2009? their pearl vision.
Their missing one cymbal he said, so I will buy that. Do I have to buy new heads? I also keep a humidifier by them.IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG
Thank you.

You say you just started playing the drums. You are starting out with a very nice set. You should be able to practice on them for many years.

You don't need new heads. For practicing you have what you need. And anyway I'll bet you will need to dampen down the sound, so the noise won't bother others.

Have someone who knows how to tune drums come over and teach you how to tune drums.

This is a much nicer set than many of us started on. You have a hi hat, ride and crash cymbal---that should do it for now! You will probably hear from others the following---find a local teacher you like and take some lessons, to avoid developing bad habits you have to unlearn later and move you ahead more quickly.

Hi,
thank you everyone. I found the tuning key to the set. They defiantly need to be tuned. Even though I'm a beginner, I still can tell that something sounds really wrong.
I will look into lessons soon. Thank you so much for all the help!

Get that humidifier away from your set too. Unless you meant a de-humidifier.

De-humidifier good, humidifier bad.

I would also recommend not having a humidifier right beside your drums, but in the same room shouldn't be an issue. They;re a necessity for comfortable living and breathing so keep it around 40% and you should be fine.

Back