the Art & Science of Groove

WhoIsTony?

getting ready to dive into this

IMG_2009.jpg

I'll let you know what I think ... I'm sure it's great

Jealous.

I crowd funded and I was supposed to have this by now but the server we were to download from crapped itself.

:(

Dang Art, Science, Drums my three great loves. I'd like to check it out.

Does any know if Hudson or Amazon or ? will be distributing the new Benny Greb Groove DVD? I would like to order. Actually preferably stream it or down load it from Hudson or similar. Getting away from Physical DVDs. Thanks, Dan

What did you think tony?

I've been watching it.. It's very back to basics so many of us will be getting some revision as well as picking up some new ideas. There's some nice snippets of playing but there is a fair bit of dialogue.

Pretty good so far. I recommend it.

Does any know if Hudson or Amazon or ? will be distributing the new Benny Greb Groove DVD? I would like to order. Actually preferably stream it or down load it from Hudson or similar. Getting away from Physical DVDs. Thanks, Dan

Never mind, I purchased download directly from his site. Watched most of it today. Very well produced and how he presented the concepts is very Insightful.

Yeah.. I think I agree. I expected a practice method of some sort but it is more commentary than anything. But I owe a lot to Benny for his last DVD and there is some nice playing to watch. Anyone that hangs in the technique section on DW and contemplative Larry types will still get a kick.

It actually helped my drumming immensely(especially time and feel), by introducing me to concepts I was never aware of, even through drum lessons.
I expected more lessons and practice methods, but I've made some of my own out from the information I got.

I've just finished watching this, & it was like visiting a forgotten old friend - but in a very good way. It's funny that the only drumming instructional product I own, is one that plays to my existing strengths, but addresses few of my weaknesses. I know what my weaknesses are, & I have many, but this DVD serves to reinforce the importance of elements so often bypassed in these times of faster - better - cheaper.

I think this is a great video to refocus players with high gig mileage, as well as set the newer player on a path that maintains context & overview.

I say this is a win, & an enjoyable watch too. Nice one Benny :)

Back