Yamaha Drums

I see 'em. (my response to the deleted post about 'where's the pics').

They look great.

Last edited:
I thought they had ceased manufacturing of all metal snares, but I'm not certain. Which models do you reckon are still being produced?

Dutch

Well, that comes as a bit of a shock. No more metal snares? Are you sure? I still see some new Yamaha metal snares for sale here and there so I just thought they were still in production.

Following NAMM, some folks were bemoaning the lack of new Yamaha lines. If they don't make metal snares anymore then their product range really is quite limited at the moment.

Well, that comes as a bit of a shock. No more metal snares? Are you sure? I still see some new Yamaha metal snares for sale here and there so I just thought they were still in production.

Following NAMM, some folks were bemoaning the lack of new Yamaha lines. If they don't make metal snares anymore then their product range really is quite limited at the moment.

Not sure at all, and I take your product range comment so I've probably misread something somewhere. Must have been in eBay listings where they may have been listed as discontinued.

Sorry for the possible misinformation.

Dutch

Guess what arrived at the Whammin household??..:)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Beautiful looking kit !!! What is it ????

Not sure at all, and I take your product range comment so I've probably misread something somewhere. Must have been in eBay listings where they may have been listed as discontinued.

Sorry for the possible misinformation.

Dutch

Actually, I think that you might be right. Checked the Yamaha France site and no metal snares listed. Of course the Yamaha websites haven't always been up to date and I've noticed differences between different countries' product listings. Has Yamaha fallen behind in this area? All the other brands seem to have their flagship metal snares - supraphonics, sensitones, starphonics, delites, whatever DW has, etc. Surely Yamaha have the required expertise considering all the high end models and signature models they've made over the years. What's their strategy? Reduce their range to the maximum and then suddenly, out of the blue, unleash a load of technologically super-advanced mega-drums that will completely blitz the competition? That would be fun.

Its right that yamaha sadly never has been really updating their global websites.

The Dutch one is accurate though.

http://nl.yamaha.com/nl/products/musical-instruments/drums/

Yamaha's drum options that are available at the moment:

Snares:
Gigmaker 14x5,4 (6 color options, only available with the kit)
Stage Custom 14x5,5 (5 color options, only available with the kit)
Live Custom 14x5,5 (4 color options)
Absolute Maple Hybrid 14x6 (10 color options)
Dave Weckl 13x5,5 (one color option)
Dave Weckl 14x5,5 (one color option)

Kits:
Gigmaker (6 color options)
Stage Custom Birch (5 color options)
Live Custom (4 color options)
Absolute Maple Hybrid (10 color options)
PHX (9 color options + custom options)

The Sub Kicks, Groove Wedges, Vintge Hoops, Drum Keys, Drum Mutes and Snare Wires are discontinued.

I can't wait for new products.

Myself, i'm hoping for an DTX Multi 12 version 2 and updated/added Hexrack parts.

Its right that yamaha sadly never has been really updating their global websites.

The Dutch one is accurate though.

http://nl.yamaha.com/nl/products/musical-instruments/drums/

Yamaha's drum options that are available at the moment:

Snares:
Gigmaker 14x5,4 (6 color options, only available with the kit)
Stage Custom 14x5,5 (5 color options, only available with the kit)
Live Custom 14x5,5 (4 color options)
Absolute Maple Hybrid 14x6 (10 color options)
Dave Weckl 13x5,5 (one color option)
Dave Weckl 14x5,5 (one color option)

Kits:
Gigmaker (6 color options)
Stage Custom Birch (5 color options)
Live Custom (4 color options)
Absolute Maple Hybrid (10 color options)
PHX (9 color options + custom options)

The Sub Kicks, Groove Wedges, Vintge Hoops, Drum Keys, Drum Mutes and Snare Wires are discontinued.

I can't wait for new products.

Myself, i'm hoping for an DTX Multi 12 version 2 and updated/added Hexrack parts.

Thanks for that summary! That's pretty much what I thought, except I didn't know they are still making the Dave Weckl snares. I assume those are made in the China factory?

I own a set of Live Customs and the China factory didn't skimp on quality. They are top notch.

I really expected alot of new and exciting things from Yamaha this past NAMM. Pretty disappointed there wasn't much at all. I can only guess they're working on cool new stuff. Let's hope!

....Myself, i'm hoping for an DTX Multi 12 version 2 and updated/added Hexrack parts.

If the V2. comes in the form of an update for the existing M12, I'm all for it.

An editing program for it would be most welcome too. Right now, editing it is tedious - at best.

Went ahead and got a new Yamaha Custom Birch in Natural finish with Remo Emperors on the toms, Evans 360 snare and HD EMAD 360 bass. To top it off added a Sabian AAX cymbal pack stage hats, 18 inch and 16 inch crash and 20 inch ride.

Kit also came with a vintage DW5000 double pedal.
10974687_442611332553978_595963917753463655_o.jpg

I recorded for the first time with my Absolute Hybrid Maple kit, and I must say, it is the best kit I ever had!
Polar White, 10", 12", 14", 16", 22", and the Copper Snare. I also used the matching snare, and a Longo Solid Cherry 14x5", and my Meinl Byzance cymbals, including the new 15" Dual Hats. Fantastic.

I also bought a Yamaha Recording kit this week, 10, 12, 14, 16 toms, and a 22x14" bass drum, in antique sunburst. NOS, in bags, at a fair price. Pics will follow! First, the Hybrids.

Attachments

• IMG_6504.jpg
    IMG_6504.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_6508.jpg
    IMG_6508.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_6503.jpg
    IMG_6503.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_6501.jpg
    IMG_6501.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 774
I borrowed this amazing kit from a fellow Swedish Yamaha endorser for our Video shoot, and I liked it a lot! PHX are sweet...

Attachments

• IMG_5659.JPG
    IMG_5659.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_5563.jpeg
    IMG_5563.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 757
Last edited:
I borrowed this amazing kit from a fellow Swedish Yamaha endorser for our Video shoot, and I liked it a lot! PHX are sweet...

PHX are my dream kit, I'm so jealous! Do those have the maple inner ply or the birch?

I recorded for the first time with my Absolute Hybrid Maple kit, and I must say, it is the best kit I ever had!
Polar White, 10", 12", 14", 16", 22", and the Copper Snare. I also used the matching snare, and a Longo Solid Cherry 14x5", and my Meinl Byzance cymbals, including the new 15" Dual Hats. Fantastic.

I also bought a Yamaha Recording kit this week, 10, 12, 14, 16 toms, and a 22x14" bass drum, in antique sunburst. NOS, in bags, at a fair price. Pics will follow! First, the Hybrids.

Beautiful kit hefu and definitely like polar white finish!

Back