Bat Country Drum Cover by Oliver

timing timing timing.

Especially in your feet and left hand. You have good chops, though.

Probably want to get a double pedal.

You have a tendency to rush and then slow wayyyyy down which you can see at 1:40

Good luck practicing, man!

Agreed, it's a good try but the timing was far off for a good part of the song. It was also good for only 1 pedal but really work on the time, play with a metronome if you aren't already.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress.

I agree with the other posters. Timing is off quite a lot. Also, Your times are not tuned well. It's very clear from the snare part (1.36) that your left hand needs more practice. Just look at how you hit the snare. Right hand is WAY too present in contrast to the left one. Don't neglect the need for bivalence in your handwork!

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's really encouraging and I hope my next one will be a lot better as well. I think that left hand problem also comes from me practising on the electric drums a lot so the rebound is a problem, ive been working my left hand with a practice pad and im also wondering if you guys have any useful exercises that will let me transition from an electric kit which im too used to playing to an acoustic one when im recording.

Back