Double bass practice tools

buzzbuzz

I am really weak in my double bass skills and I need practice. By DB notes sound more like flams. What can I use at home to practice without keeping everybody up at night? What's a good type of double bass practice pad to use with my pedals and throne? Plus, I have hardwood floors and no carpet.

Last edited:
I would say any pad should work. Wood floors are going to transfer noise rather well. My friend lived in an upstairs apartment. He bought an E-kit to practice there. I could hear his pedals 2 floors down in the laundry room, below his apartment. I have a DW practice pad set. the kick is a pad that clamps to the tri-pod. It transferred the sound in my 2 story house. So I would take it down stairs to the living room, while others slept up stairs. If you have garage, or some other place with a concrete floor, you could throw down a small rugg, and practice there. I have a sun room (breeze way) between the house and the garage. It has a concrete floor, and no one can hear it in the house. Solid floors don't transfer the vibrations as much.

Back