My new Mapex Satruns in supernova red sparkle!! Love em!

Mike St.Clair

Posted them in the wrong section already! Still working on getting the "right" sound from the 16" floor. I'm sure if I played them somewhere other than my "drum room", they'd sound very different. Concrete floor and two concrete walls with floor joists above me, an uninsulated garage wall and an insulated interior wall....... The pics do the drums justice, would be wicked if I had some real lighting in the room.

Attachments

• mapex1.jpg
    mapex1.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 2,869
  • mapex2.jpg
    mapex2.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 3,374
  • mapex3.jpg
    mapex3.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 1,497
  • mapex4.jpg
    mapex4.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 1,907
Very nice looking drums, but you won't be able to get their full impact until you subdue the reflections in your room. Primarily the cement floor, ceiling and walls.But you already know this.

Enjoy.

Dennis

That finish is outstanding.
Enjoy.
P.S. Now you have to finish the practice area to fit with the drums :)

Wow. Those are stunning. I love that finish. Enjoy!

Great looking kit, are they the maple/walnut or the birch/walnut?

That is one sweet kit!! Enjoy.

Very nice, thats my favorite Saturn color.. I have the rootbeer burst and I also have them in my basement with cement floor and 3 cement walls. Clear Pinstripes on top and G2's on the bottom and they sound very good for the room conditions, although when I play them out I put the stock reso's back on the toms.

Congrats bro thats a real Beauty. Enjoy!

Maple/Walnut. Thanks again, still trying to figure out a sound I like in my "room"...

It takes a while to dial in the Saturn's.
It took me a few weeks before I understood mine.
I liked them right from day one but I knew that there was more to them than meets the eye so to speak.
I wound up with single ply coated G1's for batters over the stock Remo reso's.
I like them tuned on the tight side with the reso just slightly higher than the batter on the mounted tom and I tune the floor tom with the reso about equal. I found that if I pushed the tension on the floor tom reso the drum kind of lost it when tuned tight.

Been playing a little more often lately, which isn't saying much compared to most of you guys. I can't really justify finishing my room as there's a huge heating and cooling unit in it and two concrete walls. I'm just glad I have this room or I wouldn't be playing at all. Our next house will have a more suitable room for me to play in period. We're hoping to move to the Asheville/mountain area of North Carolina in the next year or so, God willing.
Still haven't tried my EC2's or the coated G2's yet. I've been practicing with some Etymotic in ear noise killing phones, so I can't really hear how they sound. If I ever land a real gig, I'll buy mikes and whatever is needed to run the drums into that mix.

That is nice kit. I have exactly the same snare drum. Have fun with them. Peace and goodwill.

That's a great looking kit. not that I'm biased in any way...

Bitchin' finish. It looks like a wrap and a fade at the same time. Never seen anything like it.

I think these would look better positioned so the badges weren't facing the audience.

Not possible with the rack toms as they are double badged.

Back