Mapex Saturn snare drum - questions

AveyTare

hello

do Mapex Saturn snare drums (I'm thinking of 14/5.5) have snare beds?

what do you think about these snare drums sound? are they usable? I've played Saturns and love them, but I've never heard Saturn snare drums.

hello

do Mapex Saturn snare drums (I'm thinking of 14/5.5) have snare beds?

what do you think about these snare drums sound? are they usable? I've played Saturns and love them, but I've never heard Saturn snare drums.

I got to play a Saturn snare at the shop the other day – WOW. Talk about a crack, but full tone as well! I didn’t get to mess with it long, but from what I did hear they are top notch.

Ok, but what about the snare beds? :)

they don't have snare beds, just a normal bearing edge all the way around.

personally i hated my saturn snare when i first got it. tried tuning it every which way i could think of and it just sucked. read a bunch of posts on here and ended up changing the heads to an hd dry on top and a hazy 200 on bottom with 20 straind blasters. that thing is awesome now, i can't get it to sound bad anymore. has a crack like a shot gun and loud as hell.

I have stock heads on mine now, but it still has a nice crack to it

The mapex Saturn 14 5.5 stock snare is VERY underrated in my opinion

they don't have snare beds, just a normal bearing edge all the way around.

personally i hated my saturn snare when i first got it. tried tuning it every which way i could think of and it just sucked. read a bunch of posts on here and ended up changing the heads to an hd dry on top and a hazy 200 on bottom with 20 straind blasters. that thing is awesome now, i can't get it to sound bad anymore. has a crack like a shot gun and loud as hell.

What's the point of NOT making snare beds on snares cheaper than bottom-end ones? I'm having horrible experiences with tuning and generally making snares without them sounding decent.

Back