Fanboy! Who, Me?

Well I thought it was pretty obvious, but thanks for bringing it up again. You are a lot like my brothers. You are never wrong, and I have a hard time with people like that. I will have to be more careful with you in the future.
At least I like to do my fighting in PM's between me and the other person, instead of the whole world. I will work on this KIS. I did send Push that new member a personal PM to say sorry the same day.
I am frequently wrong, no issues with accepting that. If you look back at the posts where you've kicked off, I think you'll find you do most of your reacting on the forum, & have you forgotten the fact that you duplicated your insulting PM to me of a few days ago, directly onto the thread? You have a very selective memory.

My first post in this thread was empathetic & real world. I had hoped you would be able to see that. Shame really.

I am frequently wrong, no issues with accepting that. If you look back at the posts where you've kicked off, I think you'll find you do most of your reacting on the forum, & have you forgotten the fact that you duplicated your insulting PM to me of a few days ago, directly onto the thread? You have a very selective memory.

My first post in this thread was empathetic & real world. I had hoped you would be able to see that. Shame really.
You win. You are right. :)

One thing you need to learn, and I hope you listen to me here. People with hurting pasts, don't like to be brought up on things in front of the whole world. If you send me a PM, which is what it is for, telling me your concern, I would be fine. You must know that from your past.

It is really amazing that even when I open up and try to change, I will get someone that just hast to jump in and put another nail in, in front of the whole world. Why is that. I am the first to know when I do something wrong. I will almost always apologize for it, sooner than later. These sites have been a great tool to help me become more flexible, but I still really struggle with people when they try and put me down in front of a group. That comes with being insecure. Actually most men will not put up with that. If you have a problem with me, just PM me. I will be fine almost every time with that. I have had some scathing pm's from people not happy with me, and I usually agree, or apologize. Do it in front of a group like some on here like to do, and I fight back, just like many others would do.

It is really amazing that even when I open up and try to change, I will get someone that just hast to jump in and put another nail in, in front of the whole world. Why is that. I am the first to know when I do something wrong. I will almost always apologize for it, sooner than later. These sites have been a great tool to help me become more flexible, but I still really struggle with people when they try and put me down in front of a group. That comes with being insecure. Actually most men will not put up with that. If you have a problem with me, just PM me. I will be fine almost every time with that. I have had some scathing pm's from people not happy with me, and I usually agree, or apologize. Do it in front of a group like some on here like to do, and I fight back, just like many others would do.
If you really read my posts, you'll see that I'm not fighting with you, nor am I putting the nail in. It's obvious that my presence on it's own is enough to wind you up, & that's easy to fix.

Believe it or not, I wish you well.

Hey buddy. I don't want to fight with you. I don't want to fight with anyone. I can be a real ass some times, but I really am trying not to be. I love it on this site, and just trying to figure out how to react properly, without getting anyone upset. Very hard to do at times.

You are a great guy with a lot of knowledge. So am I. We both have strong personalities, that will sometimes clash. As long as we are man enough to work it out, shake hands, and move on, than all is well. I don't hate you, or Rick, or MikeM, or MFB. I hate the way I have interacted with each of you from time to time. I like to shake it off and move on. I don't like to carry grudges, because they just make me feel like crap. I like to work things out with people.
All I ask is that you do it in a PM, and not for everyone to see. That is how I work. Most of you know what I am all about. I have not been shy in sharing that with any of you.
We are all a work in progress. Some are farther in certain areas than others.

I am sorry KIS for saying anything in the least bit condescending or rude to you. You are a great guy on this forum, with lots of drum knowledge. We need you around! :)

As a Pearl MCX owner, I've definitely remember you railroading some threads about them.
Not sure what that has to do with anything at the present but for you I will explain. The only thing I said about Pearl, and I have been consistent with this, is that their tom arms are terrible. End of story.

... just trying to figure out how to react properly, without getting anyone upset. Very hard to do at times.

Easy. If you are angry/upset, stop and take a deep breath. If you need to write something when angry, write it into Notepad or Word and save it. Then, when you've cooled down you can re-assess.

Whatever, it's a web forum. 99%+ of the people here you will never meet ...

Whatever, it's a web forum. 99%+ of the people here you will never meet ...

Agree, but it's a shame really, there's quite a few members I would love to meet in person :)

BTW, good advice Polly, I do that, even if I'm not angry, when I listen to someone in the "Your Playing" section for exemple, it does work :)

That is good advice. Something I have been working on for a long time. When someone says something I don't like, I need to step away, until I can say something in a controlled, non confrontational manner. Sometimes my little timer does not work very well.

Good point, Polly. I try to stick to a 24 hour delay on personal emails or posting on forums something that I may regret. Doesn't always work but it's saved me many times.

As for the rest, it's only rock and roll.

Calm it down, Sticks. Just look at all the posts just in this thread that you've done. Pull it back a bit dude. In the end, we're all friends. Geez.

Life is too short to worry about what someone thinks of you or about what things are the best for you.

I drive a Ford truck, a Yamaha motorcycle, Honda atv, play Pearl drums, use a 6 year old HP laptop......among other brands of "stuff". BUT...you won't find me pushing any of the brands I mentioned nor berating anyone that uses or endorses one brand in anything they use....be it drums or toilet paper.

Like I say.....life is too short....

Just be happy with who you are.

Back