Diggin' this clean looking Ludwig kit

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
The caption was "Look Ma, no stands!"

Attachments

• 1149750_10151802874483529_1273791394_o (1024x683).jpg
    1149750_10151802874483529_1273791394_o (1024x683).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 970
Yeah, but those spurs look like they needs batteries. I shouldn't have said that.

The rack tom mount looks awesome. I don't really know that I would want everything connected like that though.

Love it! Can't really tell where that ride is attached but I would mount it on the bass drum old school and ditch the second bass drum pedal for an even cleaner look.

I too like this look.

The consolette style rail mount is very appealing to me.

If this were to be a gigging kit, it could be a little tricky with a case or bag for that BD.

922826_10151646483058529_1184467312_n.jpg

Wow. Those spurs I did not see at NAMM. Interesting look. I see they're using their Atlas mounting system to the nth degree, I guess. I'll have to let the spurs grow on me.

I have some of the new Ludwig Atlas mounts on order right now. Ludwig is slow to ship as usual so I may receive them by Christmas if I am lucky.
I have everything all set to go when I get them.

Not digging the feet, What's the point?

I think they just look cool. I haven't got down and fiddled with them yet. At my local GC, they have a kit set up.

Ludwig is good with bringing out Deco designs to their hardware.

I am so wanting to get a Keystone kit with those beautiful keystone Deco lugs

123367z.jpg

and some Atlas hardware with a LM402T or a hammered bronze with tube lugs.

I've been playing DW, PDP, Gretsch and Yamaha for a while now.

I am getting the Ludwig Fever.

I have been torn between the Yammie Oak Customs and the newer Ludwig Keystones. I am wanting a bit brighter and more in your face sound.

Definitely a nice throw-back look enhanced (whether good or bad, still deciding) with some tough looking hardware.... Like Bo said, I completely missed any views of the spurs before now.

I am really digging the Ride Cymbal setup. I have a 1968 Classic Ludwig that had a cymbal mount but trying to put a 24" Ride on an old school cymbal arm was a nightmare. Being able to use two lugs down lower on the bass drum would setup exactly where I have to try and place it now using a stand. And the stand placement can interfere with either my bass drum spurs or a leg of my floor tom. Not so crazy about the other mounts and especially think the spurs are ugly.

Less clutter,you don't have to drill holes,the drum with fit in any case and they don't look like those gross oversized spurs that look like landing gear struts..

But the bass drum, does kind of remind me of a Dungeness crab.:)

Steve B

Like some other things that have come out, the Anchor Spurs look cooler in person.
There have been several products I've seen the last couple years in pics that made me go "ew", but in person I liked it. Go figure.

I thought the spurs were really something at the Chicago show. I got the run down on these from Kevin Packard (a real cool guy).
Easy to work with the memory locks. take them out, or just fold them down. They also were able to be adjusted upward A LOT. The rod is threaded the whole length of the "anchor" piece.
You'd never use them fully extended on a normal bass drum, but on a smaller drum with a lift, you could still use them--just like regular spurs. The ride mount is very nice as well.
None of the things in the attached pic looked as bulky in person either.

The best part of all this is no drilling--and Heaven forbid, measuring 3 times, drilling, installing a ride mount, and it's still not in the exact right spot you wanted (happened to me rrrrr).

The tom mount/rail, and the cymbal mount come off (2) a rod in the Atlas mount itself.
A couple turns of the wing nut, and the whole thing comes off easily for transport.
It is very stable all hooked up, & toms are very resonant with the Atlas mount--as much as with a RIMS, maybe even more.
The tom on the kit at the shop sounds like you're holding it by the rim.

My regular shop has a pack of 20 Atlas mounts on order, and Ludwig told them they were shipping out mid-August--which would be next week.
Ludwig has said they are "now available" on a couple things--Facebook I think.

My new bass drum is going to have the Anchor spurs, and an Atlas mount for at least the cowbell I use. I may get one for a ride mount too. I have my ride mounted from the side (not top), so with an Atlas mount, it'd not be as obvious a thing stuck on the drum if I don't use it.
I'm not drilling this bass drum. Regular spurs are cool, and look fine to me, but I like these spurs, and cymbal mount as an option.

Atlas mounts seem like a good idea, but the thought of a 12" 8 mm tom suspended by a single lug scares me.

Me too. Will it pull the shell out-of-round over time? I might wait a year or two before thinking about it, and check to see if anyone here has noticed any funny business.

That setup in the OP is perfect. That's exactly what I want - no stands - and my setup is identical.

Back