Show Off Your Tama.....SNARE DRUMS!!!

Tama Starclassic Exotix I

IMG_0831.jpg

yeah, tolgapala, I like that finish better than the one on my artwood (Titanium something), but I could buy it for a good price...

yeah, tolgapala, I like that finish better than the one on my artwood (Titanium something), but I could buy it for a good price...

actually that is not my snare drum's actual finish. i don't have a close-up look but as you can see mine is slightly different than the ones you can find in the market. probably because it is made in china. but has a killer tone definitely. the lugs are longer, and it doesn't have this new series embossed tama logo. just the metal plate with a tama logo and a serial number on. mine could be an older version. it's a 7 ply maple shell with delicate popping sound the way i like it. i love to have the head a little overtuned or overtensed to have the cracking-funky sound i like.

l_abf9ffb89579d40dc069f67731a7ec51.jpg

Hi there! Where ever that is...
As a newcomer and a wannabe around here let's add some more salt to the snare not snake soup: my Artstar Cordia, a beauty and a beast all at the same time - in size 8x14...

Attachments

• big 002.jpg
    big 002.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 14,800
Tama The Monarch SiPhi

Tama Gladiator SiPhi

Tama 10x6,5 Steel Effect Snare

Tama Artwood Maple 13x6,5

The last snare is the exact snare i want.

Do you mind me asking what heads came with it? And how much it cost?

The last snare is the exact snare i want.

Do you mind me asking what heads came with it? And how much it cost?

hi bob, sorry for not answering earlier, I didn't see your post.

it had the Evans Power Reverse Dot as batter and a single ply Evans snare side. both very useful heads, but I changed the batter to a single ply Aquarian coated (I have Aquarian on all my snares).

it's a very sweet snare (especially if tuned low, very nice!), but I am going to change the hoops to die cast hoops.

Bilkay, I must say that your quilted maple SC snare is probably the most beautiful snare I've ever seen. I'm having difficulty figuring out what hardware it is though, looks like brushed brass something?

It's probably just the light, can you post more pictures of that beautiful lady?

The quilted maple has gold plated hardware. I'll see if I have any more pics. I have one in yellow, too. That one has chrome hardware.

one question...i've heard alot bad remarks on a tama artwood snare...i'm just curious as i'm quite interested in getting one...is it a good snare?? does it has problems? like will it choke easily etc etc? thanks (^^) am interested in the 13 x 6.5

Tama The Monarch SiPhi

Tama Gladiator SiPhi

Tama 10x6,5 Steel Effect Snare

Tama Artwood Maple 13x6,5

so i just wanna ask..is that really u mr simon phillipe?? hehehehe lol!! i just wanna ask ur opinion on the tama artwood...is it recommended? as i heard a few complaints about it...but i heard good comments as well...as now i'm confused...help!

Back