Yamaha maple custom absolute finishes

mkfly2626

Hi

I'm planning to buy a Yamaha maple custom absolute.

I want the bass drum and toms in vintage natural finish.

For the snare, I hesitate between vintage natural same as the rest of the kit or vintage black.

What do you think?
Do you prefer the whole set in the same vintage natural color or with the snare in vintage black?

I'm waiting for your answers :)

Attachments

• Yam MCA Nat.jpg
    Yam MCA Nat.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7,180
  • vintage-custom-snare.jpg
    vintage-custom-snare.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Yam MCA snare bl.jpg
    Yam MCA snare bl.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,759
All the same in natural - no brainer. Nice kit. Not sure why you would want a different color snare? To each his/her own.

I've got a kit in the same finish and I think the black snare wouldn't look as good as the matching snare. I'm using a chrome Supra snare so I can't really say too much about the matching snare, but it sure looks good in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS7qkNoDow8

take the natural one and wrap it with a gold sparkle. Sparkles look awesome on snares and suit to any color drumkit.

Contrast is good if that's what you like. I can't recall the last time I played a snare that actually matched the kit. Not that I've ever placed an order for a snare in a different finish to the rest of the kit, but due to owning one kit and a bunch of different snares, that's how it inevitably pans out.

I own their "Sensitive" model in the Vintage natural finish. It's pretty and I think an entire kit of that finish would be very nice.

Not sure why you would want a different color snare? To each his/her own.

Too me a snare is its own personality - I have a black gloss SC kit with a grey pork pie.

Buy the one that matches and then as your snare stock grows pick something else. Selling the kit will be easier with a matching snare. Or buy them both and use one with a different tuning.

I like the natural finish but a contrast would look great too. I have a vintage black MCA snare and I love the finish- more of a brown than black. I was looking for that snare in the natural finish but trying to find it in the size I wanted w/o specially ordering it would be like winning the lottery.

You can't lose either way. Good luck!

Back