show your drum room/studio/whatever you call it

HeadRush

here is mine. I've been collecting recording gear, guitar gear, drum gear, and all that fun stuff for years and somehow I've managed to fit it all in my room and keep it livable.

this is only half of my room. the other half is just a closet, a bed, and four or five guitars and their cases.

I'd love to see any other place similar to this mess!

Attachments

• 0526001221.jpg
    0526001221.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,204
Here's my studio pics from my website. I've added some stuff like congas and timbales since they were posted.

2007_1227HoneymoonChristmas0189-large.JPG

Practice Pad/Snare Drum Station with multiple mirrors for technique analysis

0042626-R1-004-0A-large.jpg

Old pic - now the sets face the wall and I have a desk to the left of the teacher set.

045_45-large.jpg

4.3 octave Adams soloist marimba

050_50-large.jpg

Waiting room for parents and siblings

Jeff

that's a cool room
I kind of wish I had a specific room that I could keep all of my gear instead of tripping over it when I get out of bed haha

that's a cool room
I kind of wish I had a specific room that I could keep all of my gear instead of tripping over it when I get out of bed haha

Thanks. We bought the house to have a separate teaching studio, waiting room and restroom. We have a tri-level house. The first level is the teaching area and the second and third levels are living areas.

Jeff

Here's my man cave..if these walls could talk...

Attachments

• PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 2,409
  • PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 983
  • PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 986
  • PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 974
No, speaker is hung by rope. That djembe got left here by one of my sons friends...He never came back and got it. That thing is carved from a log, hell if I can tune it though

Last edited:
My studio:

Both_kits.jpg

DW_landscape.jpg

Workstation.jpg

Bill the Cat listening to the lastest mix:
lounge.jpg

My "Wall of Peart" in the stair case leading up to my studio
Wall_of_peart.jpg

Agree w/ Chip, great space DED, great space indeed!

Let's talk jealousy ... my "drum space" is a corner of my bedroom where I keep everything in cases. Or maybe it's the practice pad with two sticks in the lounge room? That's inner city life, I guess.

I don't like any of you any more! *pout*

Aw Pol, but you have a bigger heart than all of us combined and thats better than any room.

OK DED I don't like you anymore.. Well, I'm just jealous. What one would give to have so much, nice, comfortable room..!

Love it!

Hahaha....thanks. :)

It took a lot of hard work, time and expense.
This was the 2nd time I built a room, and I learned a lot of why doesn't work the 1st time around.

Agree w/ Chip, great space DED, great space indeed!

Thanks. I think your room is pretty awesome myself!!

Let's talk jealousy ... my "drum space" is a corner of my bedroom where I keep everything in cases. Or maybe it's the practice pad with two sticks in the lounge room? That's inner city life, I guess.

I don't like any of you any more! *pout*

OK Polly... I am just getting back into playing so, I would much rather have a gig. The last band I was in, my drums only came home about 2 time a year, and that wasn't to play, that was for maintenance.

I'll trade with you! Practice by one' self, or gigging with other musicians. ..?!? Let's see...

The grass is always greener, even when it's kind of brown.

Aww thanks Larry, you say the nicest things, although I think Andy is Da Man in the heart department ... and isn't it dangerous to have an enlarged heart? :)

You and DED have fantastic setups. My arrangement in an ideal world would be to have a practice kit in a space like yours at home that was almost totally soundproof, and then have a main kit for gigs. Having a kit set up at a regular gig like Chip would be especially good.

Chip, I know what you're saying but, to be frank, I prefer rehearsing and recording to gigging ... all that lugging, PA hire and hauling, dealing with proprietors, MUST be there rain, shine or sickness ... all the stuffing around is a bit of a pain for someone who's enjoying easing into her middle-aged comfort zone.

The thing I like about gigs, though, is it takes me out of my middle-aged comfort zone :)

Last edited:
something I have noticed is that most of the setups I have seen so far are pretty neat and clean haha. how do you all manage?

Back