Premier Cabria UPDATE

wolfgang

My kit's seen some changes since I last had pictures of it, so I thought I'd share how they look now.
I took the tom holder off of my 12" tom and now have it in a snare stand to get it in just the right position. I haven't noticed a real change in the sound. I've also broken a cymbal stand, so I've been trying my setup without my 18" AA Rock Crash, and sometimes even without my Xs20 china. I'm a fan of the downsize. In cymbals.

I have however added some more instruments to it. I bought a tambourine that I could mount on a tom arm, and it hangs under my ride cymbal. I also bought a Latin Percussion woodblock and put it on my hi hat stand, above my hats.

Specs are:
Premier Cabria APK, black diamond finish
20x18 bd
12x8 tt
14x14 ft
14x5.5 sd

Sabians:
14" Xs20 medium hats
18" Xs20 medium thin crash
20" AA medium ride
18" Xs20 china

LP woodblock, some tambourine whose brand name I don't recall, remo coated ambs on the tom and snare batters, stock resos, coated PS3 on the bass batter, coated amb bass reso
a bunch of different hardware. I'm a fan of the Pearl stand my crash is on. Lightweight but reliable.

I think that's about it...OH YEAH. The pictures :p
P9170140.png

P9170141.png

P9170142.png

P9170143.png

P9170148.png

P9170149.png

P9170150.png

P9170151.png

P9170156.png

That's a lovely set up you've got there. It looks just right, if you get what I mean.

I'm loving that bass drum head aswell. Did you do that yourself??

Nice set!!! congrats.. tell me... would you try some emperors on toms and powerstroke 3 on snare?? I tell you for mongels...

Thank you everyone.

to CBPEAVEY, the bass drum head was done by a friend of mine. The same friend who did that big technicolour portrait behind the kit.

And to ibernalq, I am thinking of going for coated emperors next time I get heads, and a PS3 might not be a bad idea for the snare.
And I'm a big advocate of Xs20s. Great sounding cymbals and very affordable. I recorded with the hats and the crash. I did check out some HH hats at a local music store, and I may be getting those soon, but the Xs20s are still really good.

Back