Couple pics of my kit, messing with exposure.

jer

Silver Member
Just got back from a bit of a tour of the Eastern portions of Canada, I took these pics along the way, I thought they turned out nice so I'll share.

Cafe L'innocent, Riviere du Loup, Quebec. Was amazed that the grain shows through in the pic, normally when photographed, all you get is the black.

DSC05333.jpg

And from Parc Nautique, St. Jean-Port Joli, also in Quebec:

DSC05380.jpg

I'll be posting in the Off Topic Lounge a story and video of one of the more fun experiences I've had playing live to date, plus a bit on the tour.

Thanks!

That. Looks. Wicked.

srsly that just made my day!!

What brand of drums are those?

-Jonathan

Holy tungsten Batman!

Could have reduced the exposure just a little, I'm guessing you took long exposures? What sort of camera do you have?

Nice kit, haven't seen too many Obelisk kits around on the forums.

That. Looks. Wicked.

srsly that just made my day!!

What brand of drums are those?

-Jonathan

Sweet, thanks! As Solaris mentioned, it's an Obelisk kit, custom Keller job I picked up used a few years back, also have a matching 22" kick (one in pic is an 18") and an additional 12" rack tom.

Holy tungsten Batman!

Could have reduced the exposure just a little, I'm guessing you took long exposures? What sort of camera do you have?

Nice kit, haven't seen too many Obelisk kits around on the forums.

Yes, long exposures, there was very low light. The camera is an older model Sony DSC-N2, (10.1 megapixel), not sure of the exact settings, but I'd guess a 30 second exposure @ ISO 800, I probably could have held back a touch, but it takes about 2 minutes for the camera to process the images at this exposure, I can be impatient.

Yes, agreed, not too many Obelisk kits floating around, let alone people who know who they were. Thanks for the comp.

I love the Parc Nautique, St. Jean-Port Joli image. Beautiful colours, textures and mood.

I have some photographer friends and seen a lot of their shots, having made a website for one, helped another with post work and had a relationship with another. So I've seen a lot of great photos and the Parc Nautique is as good as many of their shots. Well done and thx for sharing.

Sweet, thanks! As Solaris mentioned, it's an Obelisk kit, custom Keller job I picked up used a few years back, also have a matching 22" kick (one in pic is an 18") and an additional 12" rack tom.

Yes, long exposures, there was very low light. The camera is an older model Sony DSC-N2, (10.1 megapixel), not sure of the exact settings, but I'd guess a 30 second exposure @ ISO 800, I probably could have held back a touch, but it takes about 2 minutes for the camera to process the images at this exposure, I can be impatient.

Yes, agreed, not too many Obelisk kits floating around, let alone people who know who they were. Thanks for the comp.

I do a bit of long exposure photography and light paintings myself, and the processing time is the biggest pain! If you're interested my friend Julian and I have a website up with some of our stuff: www.lumenartifex.com

Actually, yours might have been the only one I've seen, did you use to have a double bass setup? I just remember the gold lugs

I love the Parc Nautique, St. Jean-Port Joli image. Beautiful colours, textures and mood.

I have some photographer friends and seen a lot of their shots, having made a website for one, helped another with post work and had a relationship with another. So I've seen a lot of great photos and the Parc Nautique is as good as many of their shots. Well done and thx for sharing.

Much appreciation for your comment, I don't think I was expecting more than "cool shot" :)

I do a bit of long exposure photography and light paintings myself, and the processing time is the biggest pain! If you're interested my friend Julian and I have a website up with some of our stuff: www.lumenartifex.com

Actually, yours might have been the only one I've seen, did you use to have a double bass setup? I just remember the gold lugs

Cool stuff on your site... question = although some shots are obvious that you've introduced the light source (the ones that move throughout the pics), did you introduce additional lighting (for example, on the gravestones), or was it "natural".

Yes, I used to use a double kick setup with the same kit - you see here or maybe MXDP?

Cheers!

Ahhhh!!!!! Your guitarists need guitar stands!!!! what an ugly sight!!!!! But yes beautiful instruments

oooooh i see. lol i thought Obelisk might be the name of your band or something....I've (obviously) never heard of that particular brand..... I'll have to check them out!!!

I'd love to hear some sound clips!

-Jonathan

oooooh i see. lol i thought Obelisk might be the name of your band or something....I've (obviously) never heard of that particular brand..... I'll have to check them out!!!

I'd love to hear some sound clips!

-Jonathan

(obviously)?

They were made in Calgary... you should know everything about them!

Seriously, to your defense, the company hasn't made drums for quite some time now, most google searches come back with me talking about them on forums. A few kits can be found now and again on cl as well.

A recording using exactly the same config. as in pictures, including heads:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8057103

Love it. Those shots look great.

Tks.

Back