Mapex My New Best Friend

W

Whitedrummer

This is a Mapex Saturn kit, it has two plys of walnut, and four plys of maple in what they call a rootbeer burst sparkle finish, reminds me of the burgandy sparkle wrap Ludwig once offered. However, this is not a wrap, but a laquer finish. This kit was featured at the last NAMM show at the Mapex booth. The drummer for The Derailers got this kit for studio work, when he saw I was selling a newer Ludwig kit, he offered a trade.
This is the best kit I have ever owned, I never liked Mapex before I owned this kit, I never new much about them, now I know why so many top drummers are switching to Mapex.
The cymbal is a Paiste 22" Signature Dark Energy ride I bought in a pawnshop for $125 because it has a small 1/4 inch crack on the edge, it sounds great, but I will fix the crack before it gets worse.

9x12
14x14
16x16
14x22

dsc01635fq6.jpg

dsc01636qk4.jpg

dsc01638hu2.jpg

dsc01639ko6.jpg

Last edited:
Love the kit
love the broze - (how does that ride sound? im considering getting one)
love the hardware too!

Nice kit and finish... Kind of looks like mine, eh? :)

The Saturns have a nice, rich deep tone and resonant very freely. They are also crafted very well, I'm happy too.

I have the same color but the Black Chrome hardware :)

img1118.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

kit looks nice man..like the finish too. i got the walnut/birch saturn in supernova burst but i'm feeling that rootbeer finish too. enjoy your set..

Niiiiccceeee kit, im really liking Saturns at the moment.

digging the setup man and loving the ride cymbal, and the finish is amazing. mapex all the way for sure...

Saturns sound totally amazing and that finish is perfection. What a nice kit.

They are absolutely the best drums I've ever played, I'm really glad I made this trade, and the hardware is phenomenal. The mounts for the toms, floor toms and kick are indescribably delicious.

that's a beautiful finish man, i've heard the Saturn's played several times now and i'm always impressed with their rich sound, liking the Bonham style setup too, congrats and enjoy!

Back