805's NEW K!!!!!!!

805Drummer

Gold Member
So, I was going to a friend's house today...

...his friend has just given him some old drums and cymbals that were taking up room...

IMG_0868.jpg

...for free...

...and so I came to his house to take a look and around and help set up the kit...

IMG_0871.jpg

...when I get there, I see lots of cymbals, some vintage Zildjians, mostly new Zildjian A's...

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

...when all of a sudden, I find...

This.

IMG_0872.jpg

But 805drummer, that's an expensive cymbal! How much did you pay for it?

Really wanna know?

$20.

haha nice score! thats unbelievable have fun with it... i know u will i wish i had friends like that

WTF! I'm so jealous! Is that a dark ride or what? what's the model?

Man! I'm SOOOOO jealous. I'll trade you the 805 snare that I got for $5 for that K you got for $20 ;]

How did this happen?! I'll buy the A's for $25 XD

haha nice score! thats unbelievable have fun with it... i know u will i wish i had friends like that

Yeah man, it sounds SOOOO much better than my A...like, and the bell is HUGE!!! It even has a better "feel!"

WTF! I'm so jealous! Is that a rock ride or what?

Man! I'm SOOOOO jealous. I'll trade you the 805 snare that I got for $5 for that K you got for $20 ;]

How did this happen?! I'll buy the A's for $25 XD

Haha nice try xD

Exact spec: 22" Zildjian K crash/ride - ALMOST PERFECT CONDITION

It's funny because 5 minutes after I got it, I admitted "you might not wanna look up the price of this..."

But he did, and his jaw dropped to the floor.

But it's all good!

Yeah man, it sounds SOOOO much better than my A...like, and the bell is HUGE!!! It even has a better "feel!"

Haha nice try xD

Exact spec: 22" Zildjian K crash/ride - ALMOST PERFECT CONDITION

It's funny because 5 minutes after I got it, I admitted "you might not wanna look up the price of this..."

But he did, and his jaw dropped to the floor.

But it's all good!

Oh my GAWDDDD! That's crazy. I want that dude to be my best friend. How do you find friends like that? XD

What's he doing with the A's?
Where do you live? I'm moving there.

that set dosen't look to bad either, some new heads, some new stands a and pedals, i wish i had drums like that haha

that set dosen't look to bad either, some new heads, some new stands a and pedals, i wish i had drums like that haha

No. Trust me. You do NOT want that set. They're the crappiest drums I've ever played, they just LOOK good.

Like, seriously--he got 3 bass drum pedals, and when I started playing one of them, the whole pedal SNAPPED IN HALF, I kid you not.

And on the other snare, the strainer came OFF off the drum as soon I started using it.

Oh my GAWDDDD! That's crazy. I want that dude to be my best friend. How do you find friends like that? XD

What's he doing with the A's?
Where do you live? I'm moving there.

It was actually his sister's boyfriend, so maybe your brother's girlfriend?

It was actually his sister's boyfriend, so maybe your brother's girlfriend?

No my friend's brother's girlfriend. XD

I just may move next doors to you and follow you around while stalking your friends :)

EDIT: is that a 10" A Series Crash - Bronze on the top of the pile?

No my friend's brother's girlfriend. XD

I just may move next doors to you and follow you around while stalking your friends :)

EDIT: is that a 10" A Series Crash - Bronze on the top of the pile?

Good Best Buy reference=)

Get this: He has an 8" A splash, 10" A splash, 12" A splash, 16" A crash, 18" A crash, 20" A crash, 22" A crash, a bunch of vintage A's, and the K that I bought.

Yeah.

He would, but for the actual price this time...he said that now he'd actually look up the price before selling =D

You shoulda just bought all those a's and with the k for like $120 lol then sell the ones you dont want and make a HUGE profit

You shoulda just bought all those a's and with the k for like $120 lol then sell the ones you dont want and make a HUGE profit

I should have (and would have bought two splashes--still might!), but he wants to use some cymbals for his kit.

One of the crashes (16" A) has bird poop on it =)

I should have (and would have bought two splashes--still might!), but he wants to use some cymbals for his kit.

One of the crashes (16" A) has bird poop on it =)

haha ok....i think the k for 20 bucks was the best deal on a cymbal ive ever heard of so congrats.

I think that is a Rogers kit and as far as I know they are pretty good vintage kits...

Yeah, they make good kits, but this one, I'm 99% sure, is a piece of crap.

You should see the thone...it's crazy...there's like, three legs, but one is longer than the other two.

The hardware is SUPER vintage. The exception being one really nice counterweighted Gibraltar heavy-duty boom stand from the 80's.

Also, he has a brand new, vintage Remo head still in the box!

Yeah, they make good kits, but this one, I'm 99% sure, is a piece of crap.

You should see the thone...it's crazy...there's like, three legs, but one is longer than the other two.

The hardware is SUPER vintage. The exception being one really nice counterweighted Gibraltar heavy-duty boom stand from the 80's.

Also, he has a brand new, vintage Remo head still in the box!

haha God dang! What was wrong with the kid who gave it away!@#$@#^%$*

Back