My 2 kits

GSager

Long-time lurker, first time poster. Here are my two kits...

Kit 1: Sonor Jungle (all maple)
16" Kick
10" Tom
14" Floor Tom
12" x 5" Pork Pie Little Squealer (all maple)

Pictured Cymbals: 14" New beats HH, 21" sweet ride, 16" Armand crash, 18" A Crash.
Current Cymbals: 14" New beats HH, 20" K Custom Dark Ride, 16" Armand crash, 18" A Crash.

The Sonor is a great little kit. A lot of fun, not too loud, great looking. I have a Fibrskyn on the front of the kick now that looks great.

Kit 2: OCDP Newport
22" Kick
10" Tom
12" Tom
16" Floor Tom

Pictured Cymbals: Same as the Sonor set-up above ... I had to move cymbals between kits for a while.
Current Cymbals: A Custom (14" HH, A 16" Crash, 18" Crash), 21" Sweet Ride.

The OCDP kit is great but I'm going to sell it (Currently on Craigslist in Boise, ID) ... I can't stop thinking of a Bonham-type kit.

I'm a hobby drummer who plays when I'm not working at my 9-5. Been playing for about 10 years off and on. Been in a couple funky little cover bands, but mostly just play along with my iPod.

Thanks for looking at my drums.

Grant

Attachments

• Sonor.jpg
    Sonor.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 790
  • OCDP.jpg
    OCDP.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 959
Thanks for the replies.

"Nice looking kits! They look comfy and easy to manuever around. How do you like the little squealer?"
The Little Squealer is a great main snare for the small kit and it works well as a side snare with the bigger kit. Nice clean crack and its very powerful for its size. Great bang for the buck.

"Nice stuff! I like the clean lines and the classic, user-friendly configs! I bet those choice of zildjians really compliments the sonor. Do you still use the Sweet Ride with either kit?"
I still use the Sweet Ride with the Newport. I like it with the Sonor as well, but it looks huge next to the little drums.

G-

nice kits, man. Welcome to the forum. That little jungle kit must be a joy to play, especially at the end of a long gig and you gotta haul all the stuff back to the car.

Back