Gretsch Bop kit + snare arsenal

jt.mcrae

So I got a new (and very good) camera ages ago, but only recently starred playing around with it. I thought I'd learn the ropes by taking pics of my Gretsch CCJ. Still not an amazing photographer so sorry for some of the blur. This is my main kit and I use it for everything from jazz to rock.
The main snare is a Moody Drums 14x7 Tasmanian Blackwood snare w/ maple hoops.

Cymbals
15" K light hats
18" K Custom Crash
19" K Custom Hybrid Crash
21" A Sweet Ride

Enjoy
Jackson

img0464ch.jpg

img0467t.jpg

img0471x.jpg

img0473dn.jpg

img0489sm.jpg

img0486mp.jpg

Front to back: Moody Drums 14x7 Tasmanian Blackwood, Gretsch 14x5 CCJ stock, Tama 14x6.5 Superstar Birch, Tama 14x6.5 Aluminium.

Nice kit and finish.

GJS

p.s. One of the keys to great photography is to use a tripod.Good luck with both your drumming and photography.

I have the same bass drum and toms, and I really like my kit. I hope you enjoy yours too. I too do not use the snare that came with the set; in fact, I do not own it anymore. Peace, goodwill, and blues.

That Moody snare looks killer! I'll keep an eye out for your band, too - you sound interesting and I'd love to hit up a gig sometime. Who knows, we might run into each other!

Hey thanks. I checked out your band's Facebook as well and really liked your stuff, especially The Corner. Do you have a studio version of that? If you want to look at organising anything just shoot an email through to [email protected]

Jackson

I have the same bass drum and toms, and I really like my kit. I hope you enjoy yours too. I too do not use the snare that came with the set; in fact, I do not own it anymore. Peace, goodwill, and blues.

I've put quite a bit of of work into the snare. I redid the bearing edges and sealed the inside. It sounds really good when cranked up high but struggles at lower to medium tunings. I think I need to get a new strainer for it

Hey thanks. I checked out your band's Facebook as well and really liked your stuff, especially The Corner. Do you have a studio version of that? If you want to look at organising anything just shoot an email through to [email protected]

Jackson

Will do - we haven't gotten anything recorded yet as we're trying to figure a few things out, but will definitely talk to the others about getting a gig together sometime.

Back