Rogers Gear

Paradigm

Here are some Rogers drums I own. I haven't played them since I brought it home. They were real nasty. Its assembled now with Evans G2 & G1 heads. I've gigged with the snare.

Attachments

• rogers dynasonic (375 x 304).jpg
    rogers dynasonic (375 x 304).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 597
  • b_145845.jpg
    b_145845.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 646
Awesome! I love that era of Rogers drums! Great find you got there! they will sound great, I can guarantee that.

In a Not So Modern Drummer article I read years ago on session great Craig Krampf, he said he is still using the same white Rogers kit he got back in '77 when he became a Rogers endorser. The hardware still functions like its brand new, which says alot about how Rogers engineered things back then. You gotta get some heads on those things and let us hear it!

Great set of drums. Just before they went to the Keller XP-8 shell (also great drums, but different). Those memriloc spurs are waaay better than the swivo's. Dem's was de days!!!​

Nice kit!!!

My first kit was an XP8 and the kick had those same spurs. It was the only thing i hated about the kit. That kick is gonna creep!

Love them! The Big R's (early 70s?) I thought were a step below the classic 1960s but your photo is changing my mind. Oh jeez, could be a third kit be on the way?

Thanks for sharing.

The snare is a genuine Rogers Dynasonic, aprox. build late 82, 1983. Decently valuable. Aprox. build date on the set is later 1977-79. Without knowing serial numbers I cannot be more exact than that. I would be interested to know them, especially the snare drum. I have written a dating guide for the Big R period and for the XP10 Rogers wood snare drums of the late Big R period.

Nice drums, rock solid, and tons of projection.

The snare is a genuine Rogers Dynasonic, aprox. build late 82, 1983. Decently valuable. Aprox. build date on the set is later 1977-79. Without knowing serial numbers I cannot be more exact than that. I would be interested to know them, especially the snare drum. I have written a dating guide for the Big R period and for the XP10 Rogers wood snare drums of the late Big R period.

Nice drums, rock solid, and tons of projection.

A deep, wood Dynasonic like that might be capable of bringing world peace. A great snare drum.

Back