Show your stage set

I do a lot of musicals and operas. My Tama Silverstar Jazz Kit (14x18,8x12,14x14,5x14) fits rather nicely. Cymbals and snares are changing constantly.

My current setup (Stage or Practice, it's all the same):

PDP Concept Maple 7-piece in Red Sparkle to Black Fade 8/10/12/14/16/22

DW Collector's Series Black Nickel Over Brass 14x5.5

Mostly Sabian with a little Zildjian

14" AAX X-Plosion Hats
16" AA Metal Crash
18" AAX Freq Crash
20" B8 Pro Ride
20" HHX Zen China
6" Zil-Bell

Attachments

• drum3.jpg
    drum3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 554
  • drum2.jpg
    drum2.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 457
  • drum0.jpg
    drum0.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 451
New set-up

BLUE%20DW_zpsh6jlmhbk.jpg

DW Performance - Pewter Sparkle
7x8" Rack Tom
8x10" Rack Tom
9x12" Rack Tom
14x16" Floor Tom (Rack hung)
18x22" Bass Drum (internally Mic'd with Beta52)

Ludwig Joey Kramer Black Nickle over Brass 6.5 x 14
DW Performance 6.5 x 14 (Back-up)

DW Rack
DW9000 Remote Hi-Hat
DW5000 Pedal
Roc-n-Soc Nitro with backrest

Zildjians
14" A Quick Beat Hats
12" A Custom Splash
14" A Thin Crash
16" A Custom Crash
17" A (Armand) SL Proto Crash
20" A Custom Ping Ride

Lots of nice kits here. I don't discriminate with my kits, they all are stage kit candidates. My old Milestones were the true road kit. Indestructible. I even had some bad winter load outs on slippery steel stairs where I chose to just boot them down inside of killing myself making multiple trips on the stairs of death. I had foam lined cases, but really, you could throw that kit in the swamp for a week, pull them out and play the gig.
The red years

2zrgb4w.jpg

Painted this kit about 6-7 times. Originally black.

Cadillac STS Pearl white with faux marble
332zbd1.jpg

Then of course my Signia kit which has served me well for a number of years. Great sound drums.
Pre Birdseye finish

b7m26o.jpg

My customized Frankenstein Masterworks kit has been out only 6 or 7 times. My first full rack kit, takes me a lot longer to set up and tear down. But really fun and solid to play on.

And my antique mahogany stave kit has not gotten out live yet, but I may have just found a band to play with again, so it will get there.

This was what I was using back in 2006 when we were touring and shooting videos in Eastern Europe.

2v2uPPYDjxAhgEC.jpg

2v2uJgPEGxAhgEC.jpg

2v2uJgPHnxAhgEC.jpg

2v2uJgPFSxAhgEC.jpg

This is my basic jazz set up...

2v2uJgRMLxAhgEC.jpg

2v2uJgPnGxAhgEC.jpg

My larger funk/fusion/progressive set up...

2v2uJgV4yxAhgEC.jpg

My Mapex Saturn kit at a recent bar gig. Grew tired of the bulky tom tree, so I stripped off the tree and the mount from the tom. Put the tom in a snare basket; loved the cleaner look, plus the tom was solid like the snare and floor tom. The tom always bounced around a lot before; drove me a little nuts. Love this kit; simple, basic, but has a lot of oomph.
18x22 bass drum- Evans EMAD batter, Aquarian Regulator logo reso
9x12, 16x16- coated ambassador batters, clear ambassador resos
5x14 Pearl Sensitone steel- Aquarian texture coated (probably the only head I will ever buy for this drum from now on), hazy ambassador reso
15" New Beats, 18" A medium thin crash, cracked 18" A Custom (a little trashy sounding and short sustain; a poor man's ozone crash, love it!), 18" oriental China, 21" sweet ride. I occasionally add a splash or a small stack, or my 3x13 Pearl brass piccolo as a side snare, but 95% of the time this is what I use. Works just fine for me... and it's all paid for lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6302.JPG
    IMG_6302.JPG
    752.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6303.JPG
    IMG_6303.JPG
    707.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Back