Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting... if you're John Bonham!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Just a partial mashup of Elton John & Bonham. One of these days I'll finish it... maybe.

satnitebonham.mp3 (1.3mb)

Not that Elton's band's timing was perfect, but Bonham's parts are always tricky to squeeze into another track... I've tried more than a few times with more than a few of his tracks.

Anyway, still a fun what if?

Enjoy!

Bermuda

Weird...wild...stuff. (Doing my best impersonation of Dana Carvey impersonating the great Johnny Carson.)

Your right Bermuda. That is a fun what if mashup.
Thanks for posting it.

Very interesting.....mashup....I liked it in a way it made Elton's song 'kinda of heavier'

I do like the sound of his/Your drums!!

Cool

Just to be clear, those are Bonham's actual tracks, not me playing. There's a lot of, uhhh, expression in his playing, and pushing and pulling even within the same bar (no reference to his drunken brawls intended!) It's very difficult to line up his playing with an existing track, even with a fair amount of editing and adjusting bars to fit.

The only way to make it really work is to separate each hit and place them on the beats... but then it wouldn't feel like him anymore. Still, there are some interesting moments as-is.

Bermuda

Just to be clear, those are Bonham's actual tracks, not me playing. There's a lot of, uhhh, expression in his playing, and pushing and pulling even within the same bar (no reference to his drunken brawls intended!) It's very difficult to line up his playing with an existing track, even with a fair amount of editing and adjusting bars to fit.

The only way to make it really work is to separate each hit and place them on the beats... but then it wouldn't feel like him anymore. Still, there are some interesting moments as-is.

Bermuda

Wow Jon, ~ that's is pretty time consuming!
still way Cool...
On another note - you could of added~ "More Cowbell'
:)

Hey, wasn't that the way the Zep set went at Live Aid anyway?....

OOooohhh...

JK.

That was pretty cool!
Those drums do sound good....was that We're Gonna Groove?

I believe the drums are from Ozone Baby on Coda.

Bermuda

Back