children of the grave question

rotherdrummer

just started jammin along to this song. does anyone play it? and if so, how do you play the slow heavy bridge part 2:22 up to 2:49 approx? i can't quite make out what he's doing on the original recording (which drums and sticking pattern)

cheers

Sorry for the bad pic. The second line, second bar should be what your looking for.

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 187
Is this the part it sounds like a second drummer is hammering away at a timbale or something over what Ward is playing? My guitarist and I can't seem to agree on what sounds to me, to be two tracks.

tuckerboy - thanks very much for notation. am i correct in assuming the page before finishes with the 3 notes on the floor tom? i.e. the dum, dum, dum just before the bridge kicks in??

road bull - the timbales are overdubbed. i read somewhere that bill said he sometimes played them with his left hand live, but personally i doubt this is possible and all the vids i have seen he doesn't do this. to my knowledge, neither do any of the decent covers (white zombie, racer-x etc)

that's weird - it doesn't seem to show the 3 floor tom notes. either way, it's enough to confirm it's the right place in the song. thanks very much!

tuckerboy - thanks very much for notation. am i correct in assuming the page before finishes with the 3 notes on the floor tom? i.e. the dum, dum, dum just before the bridge kicks in??

road bull - the timbales are overdubbed. i read somewhere that bill said he sometimes played them with his left hand live, but personally i doubt this is possible and all the vids i have seen he doesn't do this. to my knowledge, neither do any of the decent covers (white zombie, racer-x etc)

HA! That lends more credit to my opinion of the recording. I was trying to tell my guitarist that there are too many things being hit at the exact same time to be done by four limbs alone. It sounds cool, but not all one part. He swore up and down that somehow he was making this happen. I mean, you could fill in here and there and being swinging like crazy, but still not the same as constantly hammering away at them during the regular drum part. Thanks brother.

Cool song though.

Back