Take a look at free drumming app!

tomtom64

Hello,
My team of drummers and I are developing an app at MIT Launch that helps drummers when they are individually practicing. After interviewing many drummers, we realized that a lot of beginning drummers wished they had a better sense of direction when they were practicing without their teacher.

Our app, DrumSense, achieves this by giving dynamic feedback after recording them play.

Check it out at www.drumsense.io!! We love feedback so if you have any questions or comments, please contact us at [email protected]!

PS:
Don't forget to sign up for our free beta program!

If beginning drummers need a better sense of direction when they were practicing without their teacher, send them here to DRUMMERWORLD, we'll take care of them.

APP looks good for systematic regimentation type practice, but sometimes the mind needs depth, originality and a bit of whimsy, that's what we provide here, all for free.

1. I think it's awesome that a couple of High Schoolers had the initiative to come up with this app and are able to bring it to MIT Launch here in Boston (well, Cambridge...). Fantastic work!

2. From looking at your site really quickly, it looks like the app looks at the piece of music that you are trying to perform and then compares your playing to what should have been played. There's also a premium app that allows you to scan in your own notation into the app.

A few questions: Does it take different feels into account? For instance the same chart could be played as straight 8s or as swing; is the app able to account for syncopation variations?

I know the premium model allows for integration into the cloud and some analytics; is there anyway that a teacher could access that data to build more effective lesson plans?

Is the drum set configuration able to be modified? I know it's set for a 5 piece, but is there the ability to add/remove/reconfigure drums?

This sounds really cool. I'm looking forward for the beta release. What's the estimated date it will be ready?

Back