how do u guys get gigs or whut do u have to to do to get one

There are tons of ways, some harder than others.
You can simply contact a gig organiser and hope they will put you on one of their events, although this is possibly the hardest method as its your first gig and they have never heard of you. you could get in touch with a friends band and see if they have any upcoming gigs with slots available and ask them if they can put in a good word for you to get you in that spot. It's not advised as its your first gig your after but you could get into contact with a local promoter, they will be able to get your band gigs, although it does mean you have to pay them.

Hope this helps.

For sure networking with other bands is the way to go. Find bands that you like, who are doing shows that you'd like to be doing, and friend them (electronically and otherwise). Find out where they play, who their contacts are and go from there.

Just don't be a schmoozing jerk about it - offer to put together a show somewhere that they can get in on. Be able to back that one up, though. Once you get the ball rolling, it isn't hard to keep it rolling as long as you're sincere and the band is good.

I'm assuming your trying to get gigs for your band not trying to find a band to play with? it also helps if you have a demo of some sort so people can hear your playing. It really doesn't matter if it's a cd, mp3, youtube, myspace, bandcamp, etc.

If you have never played before it could be as simple as playing a birthday party or a house party or something like that. My first couple shows were like that, and then I made a demo tape (i'm old) and took it to the clubs that booked my kind of bands.

Now getting gigs is a little more involved, but in some ways easier. Alot of gigs I get now are as a result of other gigs I did. Some gigs like festivals you have to submit for and send a press kit and promotional copies of the cd to by a certain deadline. Other gigs are as simple as calling or emailing the club and asking to play a certain date, sending them the electronic press kit that has bio info, press clippings, mp3s, videos, etc.

You can get gigs around Exeter fairly easily. Get a piano and bass player and go play at wildflower or something like that, then just work your way up.

Hi there,

Learning to get gigs is no different from learning how to drum or play any instrument. In theory anyone can do it, but like most things in life the regular work goes to those who are dedicated to getting it.

Plenty of free info about how to get gigs here which has helped a lot of part-time bands and those just starting out.

Incldues a blog about getting gigs and articles. You can also sign up for free newsletter if you need more info.

You can just visit bars (if you're the appropriate age - your grammar and spelling suggest otherwise) and offer them live music. Some bars are into that, some aren't. Just ask around. Offer to play for free, or for free drinks when you're just beginning. That'll raise your chances - people like musicians but most people don't like to pay for music.

Going on the "doing a birthday party or block party idea," that we must do to get started, (unless everyone in the band has enough experience and connections) here is a bit of a different take on this. Something I did with a band I was in early on. We were fairly young and still needed a bit of equipment.

I rented a hall we could play in. It held about 200 people. I put the whole thing together. Invited family and friends, they gladly paid $10 to help us out. $10 time 200 tickets! It was a nice little chunk of change. Half went to the event expenses, the other half bought us part of our Sound Equipment.

And, we had the experience of playing a pretty cool live gig.

It was so successful that everyone wanted us to do it again! We didn't, and I'm not sure why. We probably could have gotten away with doing it once a year.

We're in that same spot now. One of the bands I am currently in has been quite successful in playing out and getting a great rehearsal space since we've only been together since July 2009. We're now in the spot of either 1) playing on the same ticket as someone else, in other words, sharing the stage and opening for them, or 2) putting on our own shows and booking one or two other bands with us and they open for us.

I've gone on venues' web sites, given them everything they wanted, samples of our music, etc. and they STILL have not so much as emailed me back or called. How hard is it to read someone's email, hit the reply key, and type one sentence? Out of about 40 emails sent, I get maybe a 1% or 2% reply back.

And it depends on who you ask as to what is the best way. Some say go by the venue and talk to the person who books the bands. Others say not to EVER go by the venue to speak to them. Do it by email or mail, or their web site.

I've complained of this to our lead guitar player and I get told "it's just the way this business is". And it takes time. Time to get your band's name out there, time to let people hear you, time to make contacts, etc.

There is a saying down in the southern parts of the country that goes something like this: "Talent don't mean d*ck". It's who you know, not what you know. Sure you have to be good, but A LOT of it depends on who you know, or who THEY know.

It can be damned frustrating at times. Hang in there!

i wont to know whuts the best way to get my first gig ????
About the electronic contacting, if you want to be taken seriously take your grammar seriously. People don't like dealing with people who don't take the time to write serious messages. Spell, punctuate, and treat your message with respect if you expect someone to respect your message.

Not meant to be rude, just telling you it will REALLY help.

Back