Atlas oversight...

con struct

Platinum Member
Ludwig offers a double tom mount from its Atlas line. Why doesn't Ludwig make a single-tom version?

The ones I see look nothing like the Atlas design. They're just the basic generic mounts.

I like the Atlas concept, I think it's really clever. But this seems to me to be a major oversight, an obvious accessory left out. Doesn't make sense.

No, this is what I'm talking about:

mount_zpsc48f0f4d.png

Ludwig doesn't offer one for a single-tom.

I encountered this issue when trying to figure out a Signet build

I believe the single is a BD mount (mentioned above) that they want you to dog-bone to a cymbal stand.

Well Ludwig makes this single mount and other companies make similar one. Should do what you want. Unless there's something you want it to do that I'm not understanding.

DV016_Jpg_Large_446336.jpg

The new Atlas mounts that replace a lug are only designed to take a 12.7mm rod. My Gibraltar BD mounted cymbal (9.5mm) stand requires this very ill fitting sleeve to fit. The mounting bracket that came with the cymbal arm can fit both, why can't this heavy, bulky Ludwig doo-dad do the same?

Well Ludwig makes this single mount and other companies make similar one. Should do what you want. Unless there's something you want it to do that I'm not understanding.

I believe the OP was speaking about the Atlas 'look'. The single holder that you link has the generic Ludwig look. It looks like a Gibraltar with a ludwig wing nut, and not the stylized alien dropship like the double holder and other Atlas offerings posses.

I believe the OP was speaking about the Atlas 'look'. The single holder that you link has the generic Ludwig look. It looks like a Gibraltar with a ludwig wing nut, and not the stylized alien dropship like the double holder and other Atlas offerings posses.

Yes, exactly. Like I said, a design issue. I know single tom mounts exist, I own a couple.

Oh, I get it. You want it to match. My bad.

Back