My Mangos, err Saturns! (Lots of pics)

Moldy

Silver Member
I got these in about two days ago and just cleared out my room to set these up for pictures. And now I'd rather sleep on the floor if I get to wake up next to this beauty! :D And, amazingly, these cost only $1425 after shipping, and will cost even less if I sell off the 10" tom and the snare that came with the kit.

Mapex Saturn in Mango Burst:
22x18 with a Coated Powerstroke 3 over a Clear Powerstroke 3
12x9 with a Clear Pinstripe over a clear Evans G1 (same for all toms)
14x14
16x16

14x6.5 Tama Metalworks steel snare with a Genera over Hazy 300 (same for the other snare)
14x5.5 Tama Starclassic modified birch/maple snare

14" Zildjian A Custom Hihat
12" Zildjian A Splash
17" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
16" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
19" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crash (I use it as a Crash/Ride)

Pearl snare stand, air cushion throne, eliminator double-chain pedal and eliminator double-chain hihat stand
3x Tama Roadpro cymbal stands (one which has a tom mount built in)
RhythmTech steel tamborine with an LP mount
Gibraltar cymbal clamp

And now for the pics ;)

small_0375.jpg

small_0378.jpg

small_0382.jpg

small_0386.jpg

small_0387.jpg

small_0394.jpg

small_0399.jpg

small_0400.jpg

small_0401.jpg

small_0403.jpg

small_0407.jpg

Last edited:
man, those things are awsome

i never really paid attention to that finish but i really... really like it

have fun with that thing

I completely agree! Drums are made of wood, and wood grain is beautiful. Why cover it up?

I replaced my pedal with a new Eliminator (my older one was second hand and rickity), a new throne that feels absolutely amazing and drum mutes from SP. They work pretty well!

Very nice indeed! A mate of mine and fine drummer recently recorded an LP with Mapex. He loved them "Best kit I ever played" is what he told me.

Minor update. Added a djembe w/ stand, swapped out the bass reso head for a smooth white PS3, tom reso heads are Remo Ambassadors now, I got a mute pack so I can practice at home and I moved around the stick holder+tambourine. Enjoy!

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

What bass drum resonant head are you using in the original pictures? Sorry when it comes to resonant bass drum heads im a new one, never had to replace one :) But yours was remo and it looked freakin cool :D

What bass drum resonant head are you using in the original pictures? Sorry when it comes to resonant bass drum heads im a new one, never had to replace one :) But yours was remo and it looked freakin cool :D

I was totally going to say the same thing. Ive seen the head before. I have seen it on other kits. But on yours that reso head just looks awesome. Anyway nom nom nom on those mango's. They look very nice!

SWEET! What a lovely kit! Nice cymbal set too! What kind of music do you play? That looks like it'd do well for just about anything.

On the original picture I had a coated white Remo Powerstroke 3. While it looked awesome, it made the boom really hollow sounding. No punch, very little boom. It just felt like a light bass sound, which I didn't like. So I have the smooth white Powerstroke 3 with no stripes on it now.

Lengo, in all honesty, I'm very much a beginner. I've just been lucky enough to purchase this highend kit while still just starting. Sortof grow into it, hope to keep it forever :) I'm aiming to play alternative/indie rock and hard rock, though. Erm, hmm, some examples maybe: Shinedown, Train, Atticus Fault, Audioslave, Coheed & Cambria. I do some lyrics writing and am trying to get into guitar playing so I can compose too. Don't get me wrong, I love metal and punk, I love listening to it and getting pumped up by it. I don't really connect with the genres musically, though.

Oh, and these drums love to be tuned low. They really really growl!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Back