Pearl Masters Custom update

Sirwill

Silver Member
I finally found a 24" kick drum and a 10" tom to add to my original 4 piece kit. It has been very hard to find any add on drums to my Pearl Masters Custom MMX Sequoia red kit. I'm using the 24" as my main kick and my old 22" as my double. I decided to add the 10" tom as an effect tom and placed it on the left side of my hat. The space between the doubles is not as far apart as the pictures show. After many set-up demos I feel the most natural in this configuration. I'm over 6 feet 1 inches tall and have very long arms and long legs and this set-up just fits. I always thought the way Tommy Lee sets up his kits of late looked cool and comfortable (large kick straight in the front and the double kick off center and aimed to the far left).

Attachments

• IMG_3152 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3152 (Medium).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_3136 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3136 (Medium).JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,192
Excellente! Love, *LOVE* Pearl. Great looking setup and I'm sure that 24" sounds like an approaching freight train.

very nice i really like that

i know that i should already know this but wts the batters on your bass drums

i know that i should already know this but wts the batters on your bass drums

I use Remo Powersonic clear heads on both batter sides of the kicks. I have found them to be the most low end punch with loads of resonance. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Very nice kit, personally, I would make a true double bass kit from the two different sizes, rather then have the second one off to the left, but thats just me. Glad you found a match.
I just got a match for my Sonor Five Star, another rare item.

Cheers.

Very nice kit, personally, I would make a true double bass kit from the two different sizes, rather then have the second one off to the left, but thats just me. Glad you found a match.
I just got a match for my Sonor Five Star, another rare item.

Cheers.

Yes you are right, the Sonor Five Star is another rare one as well.

I finally found a 24" kick drum and a 10" tom to add to my original 4 piece kit. It has been very hard to find any add on drums to my Pearl Masters Custom MMX Sequoia red kit.

sweet kit, sirwill!! You should do what i do, i usually comb over ebay like 2x a week if i have my heart set on an add on. It may take a while but it's worth it. I scored a 13" rack tom and a 16" floor tom, brand new old stock exact finish match to my birch ddrum diatribe kit for $60 each and then found a new old stock blem'ed 20" bass drum shell match for $80. These on a series that was discontinued 2 years ago!!! It took a year and a half to get the add ons I wanted but well worth the time and effort. You can even get ebay to email you an alert if anything "Pearl Masters mmx sequoia red" is listed.

sweet kit, sirwill!! You should do what i do, i usually comb over ebay like 2x a week if i have my heart set on an add on. It may take a while but it's worth it. I scored a 13" rack tom and a 16" floor tom, brand new old stock exact finish match to my birch ddrum diatribe kit for $60 each and then found a new old stock blem'ed 20" bass drum shell match for $80. These on a series that was discontinued 2 years ago!!! It took a year and a half to get the add ons I wanted but well worth the time and effort. You can even get ebay to email you an alert if anything "Pearl Masters mmx sequoia red" is listed.

That is pretty much what I did. Every drum and cymbal and most all my hardware was found on e-Bay. I saved thousands! Thanks for sharing your story.

oh WOW... just a stunning red laquer finish, some very nice Pearl's man, some cymbal specs please? enjoy the new kick, that and everyone's blatant jealousy ;-)

oh WOW... just a stunning red laquer finish, some very nice Pearl's man, some cymbal specs please? enjoy the new kick, that and everyone's blatant jealousy ;-)

The cymbals are all Zildjian A Customs. 10" splash,14"hh,16"&18"fast crash,20"ride and finally an 18" china. Thanks for the kind words.

Back