My trio received the artistic prize of Kassel (Germany)

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hi!

Good news regarding my piano trio "Blue Break": We received the artistic prize of the "Documenta"-town Kassel!!

This prize is a very very desired prize for artistic achievements. Very surprising for us because many many musicians sign in there every year. The prize will hopefully...but probably open us doors to German clubs in big cities I guess.

Nice side effect: 7500€ prize money for us. For a part of the money I`m gonna buy some good recording euqipment to be all geared up for band recordings etc.

Thought I should tell you...and of course thank Drummerworld for an all-time inspiration, without the videos, sounds, biographies and the forum I wouldn`t have been able to make this happen.

Karl

Wow! That is absolutely great news man. You finally get some recognition for your work ;-).

Now start a thread on the recording stuff you will buy, and make a nice video tour of it when you have it, just like you did with your drums..

No surprise there Karl, well done! Please relay my congrats to the rest of the band.
I'm sure this is just one of many more accomplisments to come. You're on your way!

Good job young man. From what I have heard your trio is great and now you have certified proof. Spend well and have fun doing it.

Well done sir! Have a drink on me out of your prize money!

Wise decision on the recording equipment.

MFB, dont think Karl is legally drinking age?

Congratulations, Karl, happy to hear you got the recognition. Great news!

Hi!

Thanks you soo much, I appreciate your warm words!
Well, as I said...we were very surprised about this to happen, we really didn`t expect.

Of course this is motivation for us, after Max (our pianist) got the message he composed an excellent song within half of an hour. :-D

Duncan, yeees, I`m gonna have a glass of chilled milk on you. =)

I`m looking forward to getting the equipment. Unfortunately the conferment upon us will take place in november but perhaps I can manage it somehow. I`ll see today...
Well, there already is a rough what-to-get-list:

2x Rode NT2000 (nice large diaphragm condensers)
1x Shure Beta 52
1x Focusrite Octopre LE (pre-amp, NO tube)
1x ESI Maya 44 Interface
1x Dell Studio 15 Laptop (additionally chosen: P8600 2.3Ghz Dual Core with 3mb cache)
...and of course the cables etc.

Karl

congrats to you and your band Karl!!!
best wishes.

It was only a matter of time. I remember saying on this site how articulate and dedicated you are and this is just the start for you.

Glückwünsche

Wise decision on the recording equipment.

+8 recording equipment sure is good. This is really great news, as has been said it's hardly a surprise at all but well done for winning mate you deserve it :)

Nice list. Only small little worry is that you're getting an 8ch preamp and a soundcard with only 4 inputs. The mics sound great, the classic "tirangle" setup. But yeah all i'm saying is you might want to get a preamp with 4 inputs unless you're using the others for other things mate :).

Last edited:
It's great to see things happening for you. Well, things are always happening for you., and you deserve it.

Congratulations.

Back