Pearl 13x9 Snare

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Ok I bought this snare because of the size, and I didn't own a Birch drum yet. I am a HUGE fan of Deep snares, with a 14x8 or 14x12 maple snares being the standard live go to choices for me currently. I saw this online from a local shop, but it wasn't on display. It's one of the Pearl Snare of the Month drums from a while back. I'd been wanting a new snare and when I saw it online I had to go check it out in person.

It's pretty nice and I'm digging it now it's on my kit I use for practice. It reminds me of a 14x8 with a little more crack but less depth, maybe thats the birch too? I'd love to hear how this sounds on a recording, and I'll be gigging it twice this month to see how it stands up to live use. Here are a few crappy pics and thats all glare from a shirt on the drum throne in the 2nd pic. I usually don't like 13's as I'm currently trying to unload my 13x7, but this is a keeper. Oh and the Piano black finish looks killer in person.

Attachments

• 13x92.jpg
    13x92.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 950
  • 13x91.jpg
    13x91.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 829
congrats, deep snares are back!!!!
at first I didn't like deep snares, but I realized that I didn't like their look , now I'm about to order a vented 14x8" , it's going to sound massive!!

I just picked up one of these with die cast hoops and a Dunnett throw off. Initially I was not impressed, I put a Aquarian Hi-velocity on top and tuned the Remo ambassador bottom. and swapped out the mylar straps on the Puresound Blasters wires with grosgrain ribbon and it sounds fantastic now, Nice high crack and depth to boot! d got a great deal on it as well.

post this.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the find! Speaking of deep snares, does anyone have experience with a 12x7?

Wow! When I clicked on this I really didn't expect to like how it looked, but I have to admit it looks like a ton of fun!

I know this is a super old post but I have been looking for this snare for over a year now and haven't been able to find it. Do any of ya'll know where I might be able to find one?

Back