Slingerland Brass Piccolo

RMS

Found this at a pawn shop for $50+tax. Sounds nice, nothing wrong with it, and I figured it's worth at least what I paid. Anyone think it's worth a bit more?

8 lugs per side, offset. The 4x14" shell is non-magnetic and looks to be brass. I think this is a recent, overseas-made model. Serial # is 905004.

Attachments

• slingerlandtop.jpg
    slingerlandtop.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 963
  • slingerlandbottom.jpg
    slingerlandbottom.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 906
  • slingerlandbadge.jpg
    slingerlandbadge.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,287
  • slingerlandstrainer.jpg
    slingerlandstrainer.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,099
That is a Muisc Yo Snare Drum. Imported to the USA.

The drum originally was called the Buddy Rich Model Snare drum with the off set lugs.

An original drum in Buddy WMP usually sells in the $800 - $1000 range.

I have seen your drum sell for as much as $100 or more, but usually on Ebay and people
are thinking they are buying an original Slingerland.

They come up on Ebay regularly so keep watching to see what they are currently selling for. I say $50 is a good deal!

David

Its imported, but is it specifically "Music Yo!"?
Zoomatic throw-off copy can't be later than sometime in the 80's. Anything after that would look more like a common generic strainer seen today.
Could be the last gasp of the actual Slingerland company (ala the last gasp of Rogers in the early 80's, when it was ALL imported drums).
Probably brass shell.
If so, its probably a little heavy for the size of the drum. Not as heavy as Bronze, but a Steel shell would be lighter (even a gold/brass anodized one).
If it tunes up easily, holds that tuning and gives a generally "good" sound, then I'd say yeah, it was worth the $50.00.
Its only a "bad" deal if the drum just doesn't work, and/or, doesn't work for you.

Elvis

Back