My Kit

Funnyman

Finally after getting a new camera and the right set up I can post my kit, well here it is if you want to take a look. (Yes, my drum set is in my garage, don't have any where else to put it, and haven't fixed the date on the camera yet.)

Attachments

• CIMG0187.JPG
    CIMG0187.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 1,218
  • CIMG0188.JPG
    CIMG0188.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,140
What kit is it? Pearl target? What's the main snare?

If you look at the bottom pic my kit set up is:

Main snare is a pearl master MCX:
Black Silk Color 14x6.5 Inch

The kit is a Yamaha:
12 Inch left tom
13 Inch right tom
16 Inch floor tom

Remo Rotto Toms:
6 Inch
8 Inch
10 Inch

Cymbals:
Sabian china AA 14 Inch
Pulse Ride 20 Inch
Sabian Splash B8 10 inch
Pulse Crash 18 Inch
Sabian Crash HH 18 Inch
Sabian AA ride
Pulse Hats 14 inch....which I just replaced yesterday with Paiste Alpha Brilliant Metal Edge 14 Inch

(The Pulse cymbals came with the kit so I kept them).

Other:
Drum Throne
Double Bass Pedal
Vic Firth Sticks and I also use Pro Marks.

Last edited:
No offense but this seems to be a case of more is better even if it's not functional. The rack toms need to be straightened out rather than aimed at each other. The roto toms need to be raised up so that you can put you hats closer to the snare so you can play it comfortably. I would be in pain trying to reacheverything.

I'm not in pain at all, I just play in a weird position I guess.

What I'm using now, since I moved into a smaller room...

Pearl Export (2003) with:

*left to right*

14" Zildjian ZBT hats
16" Sabian AAX Med-Thin crash
20" Z Custom Medium crash
18" Zildjian ZBT China
18" Zildjian ZXT Total China
18" Sabian B8 Medium crash
20" Zildjian ZBT Medium ride
10" Zildjian ZXT Flash splash
DSCN0241.JPG

Below is the previous incarnation, which includes more cymbals and a junior-sized CB kit that I assimilated into my setup:

add'l cymbals are 14" ZXT Trashformer, 18" Sabian Solar crash/ride, 14" Sabian Solar hats (far right), Pulse 14" hi-hat top used as a crash.
100_0697.jpg

*left to right*

14" Zildjian ZBT hats
18" Zildjian ZBT China

Below is the previous incarnation, which includes more cymbals and a junior-sized CB kit that I assimilated into my setup:

add'l cymbals are 14" ZXT Trashformer, 18" Sabian Solar crash/ride, 14" Sabian Solar hats (far right), Pulse 14" hi-hat top used as a crash.

Not to derail you or anything , but you may want to start your own thread to show off your tubs.

This has become the "who can get their HH the furthest away from their primary snare" thread. I've seen it all now. TWO snares between HH & kick pedal!!! Oh, and the "longest tom arm ever" competition winner. It's not my place to judge the setup of other players, that's a personal choice thing, but holy cow, how the hell do you play with two snares between your legs????

*left to right*

14" Zildjian ZBT hats
18" Zildjian ZBT China
DSCN0241.JPG

100_0697.jpg

A study in ergonomics is definitely in store here. Wow.

Back