My kit

abr12708

Hello all, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join (I posted a few in the Introductions section).

I got this Percussion Plus drum set about 10 years ago for my birthday. Over the years I've upgraded the hardware, heads, cymbals and stuff, but have remained too poor to actually buy a new set (paying your way through college does that). So anyway here's my set:

12, 13, 16 toms
22 x 16 bass with DW 7000 double pedal
2005 Sonar snare drum

14" Sound Vader hats (10 points to anyone who recognizes them. It says "Made in West Germany")
16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
18" Paiste 2002 Crash
20" Paiste 502 ride
10" Zildjian A Custom splash
14" Wuhan china
6" Stagg bell

Drum11.jpg

Drum12.jpg

DSCN9310.jpg

nice setup. im in the same situation, i brought a performance percussion kit years ago when i first started learning, and over the years i upgraded hardware, cymbals etc. But with a bit of tlc and upgrading the heads you can get a half decent sound. Anyway, looks nice, keep drumming :)

My daughter has a percussion plus set with power toms and pinstripes and it actually sounds pretty good for a student set.

Needless to say I don't think you have to worry about the sound of your crash cymbals. Looks like you good take care of your drums and if you enjoy playing them then don't let anything else get in the way of that.

Nice. it doesnt matter how much it costs, as long as your having fun. Btw, how do you like that stagg bell?

Thanks. I like the bell. It's certainly a lower pitch than a zil bell, but I like it like that.

Will drum for pie77 said:
Nice Kit, but it looks really uncomfortable with the two rack toms being so far apart from each other.

Trust me, I don't like that either, it's a big reason why I want a new set (besides an obvious quality upgrade). The only way I can get the toms to be at the lower angle that I like is to have them far apart; otherwise the bass drum gets in the way

I was in a similar situation with my old Basix kit. With toms that deep and that mounting style it's really hard to set them up comfortably. I ended up taking the 13" off so I could move the ride in closer. Eventually I bought a clamp and attached the 13" to the ride stand as a second floor tom. I found that much more comfortable. Just my two cents.

I only wish I had those kinds of cymbals when I had the Basix. Hell, even now lol.
Nice set.

Back