Taylor Hawkins plays with Rush!

Because.. it was a Foo Fighters concert..?

Oh... i guess i got the feeling that it was a Rush concert... and taylor just stopped by... i guess its the other way around. ha.

Oh... i guess i got the feeling that it was a Rush concert... and taylor just stopped by... i guess its the other way around. ha.

Mhm. Notice the "HOLY ****" and "OH MY ****** GOD" screams from the crowd when Geddy and Alex come on.

I think I'm having as much fun with this as Sick Rick is....

(chuckle)

That was fantastic!! I wonder if Dave Grohl should be hunting a new drummer. It looks like Hawkins could sub for Peart if he wanted to take a night off!!

I am a huge Neil Peart fan and it was mentioned in another post that he may have inspired more drummers than anyone else. I will say Peart inspired me to learn how to play!!

Guess what, you're wrong!!!

I"m a HUGE Peart fan, and I can honestly appreciate what you have said.

I think the thing with Neil Peart is that he is ALL business behind the kit, and really concentrates to give that "recorded" performance every time he plays. He tends not to over waste energy "IMO", and I find his actions to be somewhat strict and deliberate. He does sometimes come off as having a lack of flair, of groove, but make no mistake its there. On the "Counterparts" album, I found it to be some of his best groove work, especially the tune "Animate". Most recently, I really feel he grooved solid on "Malignant Narrcissim."
I honestly think he was more "into it" back in the 80's and early 90's. Today, at 56 years of age and playing the same tunes for over 30 years, the tragedy's he's had in his life, it has to be more of a job for him than a fun passtime, almost to the point of being "work." He is human after all.

My favorite "modern day " drummer is definately JoJo Mayer. That cat can PLAY! But I wonder when he hits close to the age of 60, and loses some of his flair, how many people will think he has no flair or is boring to watch???

Thanks for replying and for taking up the challenge: I knew someone out there would be unable to resist. I understand your position and appreciate your willingness to qualify your impartiality by admitting being a fan. I will resist stating that I think you are wrong but rather will just state that we have a difference of opinion as to whether the playing of Mr. Peart moves us on a groove/emotional leval. He moves you - he doesn't move me!

Respect

Paul

Back