Protection Racket Cases

big_wes

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has any good pictures of the protection racket hardware case with wheels????? any opinions. i've never seen one anywhere except the site and there pictures aren't great. I own other protection racket cases (Snare) and i love it but im just wondering if the hardware case is worth it.

i have one. it's great! sure beats the old hockey bag i used to use. the wheels are a huge help. the only problem i have with it is the side bag where you can put sticks and other assorted smaller stuff. when you stand the bag up on it's wheels, the zipper closes downwards which doesn't make sense. other than that, it's great! the bag is guaranteed for life, but if you try and send it back after breaking the wheels from dropping the bag, they won't fix it because the wheels aren't designed to take the impact.
i have heavy duty hardware too (three booms, hihat stand, kickpedal in its own case and throne) and they all fit snugly.
the one i have is the 28“ x 12“ x 12” with wheels. it's great. and no, i get no compensation for this praise...

I have both the Protection Racket and an Enduro molded. The Enduro is just way too heavy once it's filled with hardware, and while the soft-sided Protection Racket is OK for around town gigs, I wouldn't throw it into an equipment truck. I wish they'd make it with hardened sides for a bit more sturdiness and form. (I had a Drums In The Wind hardware bag with stiffened sides and loved it -- until the wheels fell off). I just got a Gator Protechtor 30x14x12 molded case w/wheels today which is a lot lighter than the H&B Enduro (but a bit smaller too so I doubt it will hold everything I put in the ProtRkt bag.

Protection Racket are the best bags on the market---i've to buy other stuff from them,i've seen the hardware bag too(in a Chad Sexton'drum city) and it was very comfrtable-
My PR bags looks brand new even i've travelled around the world so many times in the past 5 years-
AW if u have to play on big tour,i racomend u an hardcase,if urs it's a van tour,go for PR ones.

I have this - it holds a ton of hardware.
I don't travel with it - not in a band right now - so I can't comment on the road use. But I do like the case - it's nice and sturdy. I've put about 400lbs. of hardware in it and moved it around from room to room with no trouble - other than it was very heavy haha.

Attachments

• pr47 inch case with wheels.jpg
    pr47 inch case with wheels.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 651
  • the wheels (Large).JPG
    the wheels (Large).JPG
    176 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0612 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0612 (Large).JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,056
Awesome bags. I have the 38" and 28" for all my hardware. We rehearse and gig regularly -- they hold up great. In fact, we use four 28" bags for all our gear -- mic cables, extension cords, DI boxes, snakes, etc.

Back