Did yamaha ever make a 6" tom

robr

More specifically in sea blue. Looking for a matching 6" for my sea blue absolute custom. If not, is there some place I can custom order one that can do finish matching?

Yamaha have made 6" toms, my friend has one or two. Though, custom made, and not likely to make new ones.

My friend, who probably has one of the biggest collection of Yamaha drums in the world, have at least one Absolute Custom 6" tom. Which wood, I don't know. He does have some goodies, Oak Custom absolutes, Washi-kit, stuff that's mind-blowing! Most of it in custom colors. I'll see if I can get pics.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I did look into having a couple of companies custome make/color match one but none of them got back to me after my initial query. I've decided I'll just go the octoban/deccabon route. I'll try to post some pictures of the yamaha finish soon.

My friend Kaj, who probably has one of the biggest collection of Yamaha drums in the world, have at least one Absolute Custom 6" tom. Which wood, I don't know. He does have some goodies, Oak Custom absolutes, Washi-kit, stuff that's mind-blowing! Most of it in custom colors. I'll see if I can get pics.

That'd be awesome to see!

pic as requested. Sea blue. I just ordered a set of 4 high deccabons. They're for my son *cough* *gasp* for Christmas :D

Attachments

• IMG_20151124_204428.jpg
    IMG_20151124_204428.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Thanks so much. These replaced the set I had coveted for 30 years and finally bought a couple years back. 80s vintage Sonor Signature African Bubinga Heavies. Works of art... but they were not at all what I was expecting. Those drums were much better in my dreams than in reality. It hurt to sell them, but it was the right choice.

The Yamahas are a better kit in every conceivable way. I don't see myself ever having any desire to part with them. My 10yo has been playing since before he could even reach the bass pedals, so these will eventually be passed on to him. Or perhaps they could make my coffin out of them :D.

Back