My new Vistalite Kit.

Put a Aq. Super Kick 1 on the batter the remo is to heavy especially if your looking for volumn. Put the Aq. regulator on the front unported, porting steals volumn and limits resonanting. If you don't internally mic the kick theres no reason for a ported head they steal alot of sound from the shell. Don't put the batter so sloppy tune it to a firm tension then tune the reso to get bottom not that batter head. Tighten the reso fairly tight then have some one hit the kick and as the hit decays you tune each lud down and one lug will cause the deepest depth sometimes 2 lugs put usually one. Doesn't anybody here know how to tune a drum??? Theres got a be someone on the net teaching this crap, how the hell can you call yourself a drummer but you don't know how to tune. You don't tune starting with a wrinkled head.....................you guys are tryin to duplicate a recorded bass drum and you won't get that out of an acoustic drum, that comes from mics and board work. Get on your knees in front of the drum and TUNE it!! Learn how to. Doc

I wouldn't go as far as I don't know how to tune because all my drums sound amazing and I get compliments from sound engineers all the time how good my kit sounds and how they hardly had to do anything to dial it in. I've always tuned my batter head above wrinkle stage, always got a nice sound. I'll try anyone's suggestions to see if can find a liking to this drum.

Back