The 1 tune that defines death metal?

J

jay norem

Let's say that Abraham Lincoln was somehow brought back to life, and he came up to your house (or apartment), knocked on the door and, since you were home, you answered the door and there stands old Abe.
Abe asks you this question: "What is death metal?"
What song would you play for former-president Lincoln, and why?

One song will rip your face into little shreads of skin and flesh, along with bits of eyeball matter and cartilege(nose ring intact) and that is ----- Yellow, by Coldplay. Dont believe me? Play it at 300Db and let me know the outcome. Good luck! : P

Let's say that Abraham Lincoln was somehow brought back to life, and he came up to your house (or apartment), knocked on the door and, since you were home, you answered the door and there stands old Abe.
Abe asks you this question: "What is death metal?"
What song would you play for former-president Lincoln, and why?

My prediction is, this is not going to turn out the way you intended it. lol

Slayer isn't Death Metal......... As far as the "genre" is concerned.

That said.....I say that the band "Death" (any recording) would be a good start.
After that......Morbid Angel has released the most quality DM over the long haul.
Chapel of ghouls, Maze of Torment, etc....all great DM tunes.

A good place to start,
As these 2 bands....were 2 of the first.... who really started the genre .

Cheers.
D.

Death is a great place to start, but Id like to throw my hat into the ring for Obituary's "Dying" and "Find the Arise" ... two separate songs, but I love the way they fit together on the "Cause of Death" album.

My favorite death metal band by far is Obituary...I even liked their slower stuff like the CD "World Demise" which was awesome.

This one.

...................................................................................................

I would have thought Mr Lincoln would know what death metal was.

*waits*

Back