Yellow Drums!

I was looking at different drum set seller websites and noticing how yellow is not a popular color. But it seems to me that the greats use yellow drums! What do you all think about that pigment on your drumset? Tony Williams used it and Will Calhoun. Automobile color represents different things but what about drum color?

I own one,but it was simply the result of a random Ebay purchase. It's not a very appropriate Death Metal color probably,but like everything else,some prefer it, I suppose.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 4,793
Yellow drums are awesome! I love them. The first custom drumset I buy will be yellow, you can be sure. I think it's a great color on drum sets. tracer, those drums are sexy-lookin!

DrumsetYamahaHipGigManuKatcheYellow.JPG

Yes, I also like this colour as a drum finish. I own one yellow set, too...a yellow laquered Basix Custom short stack kit. Great colour, exactly, it`s called "bumblebee yellow". =)

Jazzmore20007-2.jpg

True, this colour doesn`t seem to be a very popular one. I know many people who love yellow but even more who dislike it. I think it`s pretty much of a risk to sell kits in "heavy" yellow...

I love it.

Karl

I was looking at different drum set seller websites and noticing how yellow is not a popular color. But it seems to me that the greats use yellow drums! What do you all think about that pigment on your drumset? Tony Williams used it and Will Calhoun. Automobile color represents different things but what about drum color?

It's true!!!! :) .....and hot red......

http://www.youtube.com/user/tommypenngotti?feature=watch

Matthias Montgomery - Drums

Attachments

• mellow  copy.JPG
    mellow copy.JPG
    936.7 KB · Views: 2,144
The reason I think yellow is not very popular is because in terms of 'normal' gigs, the color clashes with alot of things. Imagine doing a black & white wedding and you show up with bright yellow drums. This sorta upstages the bride, and nobody is going to do that. I even played for a contract top-40 band and they even asked me what color my drums were. That said, if you're a big name artist and you need to be seen, then by all means, be Tony Williams. But for the majority of the gigs I've done throughout my career, it's groove and blend in with the surroundings.

Back