I miss Pollyanna

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
So I went on a cruise for a week, I come back, and where's Pollyanna? I'm really steamed about this....She is such a rich contributer, and she elevated this sausage fest to a place that was so much more enjoyable than before she joined....
I know what happened, her feelings were really hurt and I really just want to express my disgust about the outcome of the whole situation. She was like a glue that brought everyone together and, for me, made it a much happier family.

Let me get something straight here. We are all in the same boat here. If we tear down our brothers and sisters we are inflicting harm on ourselves. Her posts were my personal favorite part of these boards. I am genuinely mad that she was hurt. She in no way deserved that. I'm also really sad that she's noticeably absent from the threads, so much so, that I fear I may lose interest.

Maybe if enough people show her some support, she'll return.

I for one miss her terribly, and want her back.

She deserves an apology, not sure if that will happen, but a show of support for her is definitely in order.

I miss you Polly! Please come back!

I Polly gone? That's sad. It seems like people who post here eventually dissappear. That's probably why I don't post that much. I love Pollyanna though. Real DW-Forum-Love.

I haven't been around here long enough to acquaint myself with Pollyanna or the circumstances that she no longer posts here. Anyway, any "contributor" who no longer posts is a loss to an established forum.

Dennis

So I went on a cruise for a week, I come back, and where's Pollyanna? I'm really steamed about this....She is such a rich contributer, and she elevated this sausage fest to a place that was so much more enjoyable than before she joined....
I know what happened, her feelings were really hurt and I really just want to express my disgust about the outcome of the whole situation. She was like a glue that brought everyone together and, for me, made it a much happier family.

I'm a new guy and have no clue what happenned but I enjoyed Pollyanna's posts 100%. I was wondering where she got off to. She is a very positive person and I missed her before I even knew she was gone. Shame.

Hopefully she will come back. She is a very positive person. Thanks so far for everyone's support. I'm looking for a lot more and I know that we're not the only ones who liked her stuff.

I for one miss her terribly, and want her back.

She deserves an apology, not sure if that will happen, but a show of support for her is definitely in order.

I miss you Polly! Please come back!

Yes, we want our Polly back!!

Bernhard

I dont know what happened in this situation, but if she left because of a certain answer or question she said, thats wrong, sometimes thats just the way a person feels about, or maybe they dont know what the answer is. I know I have posted things, either no one replys with something, or they tell me look in the search, i do , but sometimes it isnt there, Pollyana should come back, I miss her replys, as a matter of fact I like to read everybodys versions of a subject, (ex: im looking for a brushes dvd, someone told me to get The art of playing brushes, here is a dvd 7hrs long, a bunch of different players on it, they do a song, same song, and they all play it totally different, each version worked well) I'll shut up now Pollyanna PLEASE COME BACK.

I think Polly is a tough cookie and if she isn't been posting it is because she is full of holiday cheer and visiting commitments.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. :)

Several people have come and gone here who I feel were valuable posters. Others don't post as much. I can see how people get tired of the power struggle that internet posting entails. It gets old quick.

Pollyanna is the spice (salt and pepper) for the forum. Also, Colleagues such as: Jon Cable, That Guy and many others, are missed as well.

For whatever reason, (us) drummers must stick together.

Pollyanna is the spice (salt and pepper) for the forum. Also, Colleagues such as: Jon Cable, That Guy and many others, are missed as well.

For whatever reason, (us) drummers must stick together.

Right on Ian, I do miss That Guy and Jon as well. Also, if you notice, Keep it Simple has bailed on us too, (not permanently I hope) another tragedy stemming from the same place. Polly is also one of the rare females here. To have a point of view that is not coming from a male is in itself valuable as hell. We're way top heavy on male opinions here, and need to treat our female members with a little extra respect, just as it is in "real life".

Guess I missed something... What are you refering too?

Yes, i'm wondering the seyam thing too. I seriously hope this website doesn't end up descending into chaos like basschat. I really think what pollyana says is great and i found her really helpful during my downer about drumming. I hope she can see past whatever was said and that for anyone on here who is a wanker there are about 1800 nice lovely people which is why this is the only forum where i'm not afraid to go on the off topic section lol.

Right on Ian, I do miss That Guy and Jon as well. Also, if you notice, Keep it Simple has bailed on us too, (not permanently I hope) another tragedy stemming from the same place. Polly is also one of the rare females here. To have a point of view that is not coming from a male is in itself valuable as hell. We're way top heavy on male opinions here, and need to treat our female members with a little extra respect, just as it is in "real life".

I remember KIS saying he had some awful trouble with his mother having a stroke so he's probably got a lot of other stuff on his mind atm. Top bloke though, seeing out the delivery of stuff to our cuban mate leo despite everything that was happening with him. Anyone know what happened with that stuff btw?

I remember KIS saying he had some awful trouble with his mother having a stroke so he's probably got a lot of other stuff on his mind atm.

Yep, read several posts where KIS mentioned an illness in the family. He did seem put off by how Polly was treated, but I hope he'll be back. Fingers crossed for Poll too. They are two people who's posts I never fail to read, they both add loads to the forum, both are sorely missed and I hope they'll be back on deck soon.

She indicated to me that she had some personal issues to attend to. She will be back soon to straighten us out!

Yeah, I guess, whatever that's supposed to mean.

It's a shortened version of a certain word, erm yeah that one. Okay well reading through it, it does look pretty bad the exchanges between KIS, Polly and Average. Considering his username, he sure does seem to think he's better than a lot of other people on here from what i'm reading. That's my personal opinion. I thought that was pretty pathetic that he starts dissing on her for calling people by their username, i guess it makes some people feel uncomfortable like they're worried about having an emotional attachment to someone they are having a conversation with on the internet or w/e.

Back