Superbowl Halftime - Zak Starkey

Must have been the red, white, and blue Zildjians he was playing. I can't wait to see who first asks where they can buy them. I'm sure there will be many threads started on this. Walmart and get some spray paint.

...and what about his kit? Ultra-clean and fit the gig perfectly. Kinda makes me pine for a set of acrylics...

Cheers!

That is the only reason they were painted. They are not a new line I'm sure, but someone will ask. mark my word.

What I'm most surprised about is that Pete never tried to smash his guitar into those beautiful drums.

It's a little difficult to tell on the clear drums that they were DW drums.

It's a little difficult to tell on the clear drums that they were DW drums.

It was but when they showed some close ups you could slightly see the emblem. But I wasn't aware DW made acrylic drums thou.gh

Must have been the red, white, and blue Zildjians he was playing. I can't wait to see who first asks where they can buy them. I'm sure there will be many threads started on this. Walmart and get some spray paint.

That is the only reason they were painted. They are not a new line I'm sure, but someone will ask. mark my word.

Haha i just went on right now to ask omg. Nah just kidding but i was wondering where they came from. If they use the aweful Pitch Black formula then why did they sound alright (Except maybe for the hi hats haha)?

I don't care what anyone says, those were some straight up BA cymbals. One of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while. I didn't really dig the whole abridged version of the Who, though, I want to hear the whole song!!! Not the just the CSI theme song cut lol

Yeah its kinda disappointing that they could only play short segments...

How do you guys think they performed overall?

I don't think Zak's playing was live.

some of his hits and patterns didn't match up...

only persons that seemed live was Pete and Roger... humm...

weird DW kit. acrylic with DW badge with pacific lugs. nice looking kit regardless.

It was but when they showed some close ups you could slightly see the emblem. But I wasn't aware DW made acrylic drums thou.gh

The badges were obviously DW, the lugs were Pacific Platinum series, and i'm sure any drum company would make an acrylic kit for a high profile band especially if they are going to be played at the Superbowl.

Zak seemed to get a whole lot more screen time than most drummers. Maybe Pete and Roger are too scary to look at anymore...

it was great seeing the drummer for a change, sadly Zak was the most exciting guy on stage!

At least the cymbals carried out the theme of the light show around the stage. They looked huge too 22" maybe.

the cymbals looked good actually, didnt they? and i believe he plays a 22" K Brilliant Crash/Ride, a pair of 21" K Crash/Rides leftside and rightside and then 15" K Light Hats, they sure sounded great!

they definetly showed their age the boys did, but a decent show...

Back