The feel of a 26' kick....

razorx

Platinum Member
I love it.....What's a 24 like? Im wondering because i play a 22 while my dad has a 26. I love the bassdrum feel compared to my 22 but you cant get a two up setup using a 26 kick w/o crazy tom angles which is what i prefer to a one up two down.

Yeah i wanna know b4 buying anything so i don't make a mistake

does your local music store not have one?

Alex

I don't think so. I know the one by my house dsn't. But at GC they have lot's of 22's. I think i played a 24 once but im not sure. I'm considering a 24,12,14,16 setup but i'm just not sure. I love the 26,12,16,18 set up that my dad uses but the span is tooo much for me and i don't like the 12,13.16 one up two down either. Im thinking 12,14,16 would be perfect. My dad took the plunge and got his kit without playing anything b4 he bought it and this was after playing 12,13,16, 22 for about 30 years but he seems to have adjusted just fine.

Nothing like the feeling of kickin a 26 foot bass. Except for finding heads. And sometimes i wish I could see the audience... : )

Nothing like the feeling of kickin a 26 foot bass. Except for finding heads. And sometimes i wish I could see the audience... : )

Haha yeah finding heads are a challenge. My dad has a superkick 2/regulator combo and it goes boooooooom

I've had 20x14, 22x14, 24x14, 26x14, and 28x14. Keep your old kit, whatever it is, with a 22. I have a Rogers kit right now 22, 12, 13, 16. Scored a 26x14 Ludwig marcher, that will soon be turned into a kick drum. Best of both worlds. With my 18x16 in the wings, 6 drums for all occasions. Personally, I find the 24x14 a weak alternative to a 26, and 2" too big to be a comfortable substitute for the 22.

Attachments

• 139-3972_IMG.JPG
    139-3972_IMG.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 296
Yeah i have a tama superstar custom in red scarlet fade. 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 16x13, 22x18. I would love to buy a 10, 14. 18, and a 24 kick just so i could have huge sound options....but tama was gay and they don't make them with plain chrome hardware anymore so i gotta hunt!

Yeah i have a tama superstar custom in red scarlet fade. 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 16x13, 22x18. I would love to buy a 10, 14. 18, and a 24 kick just so i could have huge sound options....but tama was gay and they don't make them with plain chrome hardware anymore so i gotta hunt!
Keep your eyes on eBay. It's darn near all gonna so up, sometime.
you must really like the 14" depth. have you never owned any bass thats a 16" or 18"? dude its almost 2009...
just messing with you. but really? only 14s...

Well, I do actually like the 14 depth kick the best. But I had matched virgin Luddie 22x16's for over 25 years. A 22x17 for about 5 years, and a 22x18 for about 10 years.

Did someone Say 28" here is a Old pic when I had a 14x28 this was a pain to haul around but sounded so good

DSCN6174.jpg

So Cal Mike,

That is a great looking kick and even better looking hair!!!!

Just kidding! I have pics like that but with me on guitar!

I love my 26!!!! The feel is amazing!

And, I didn't think I would like the 1 up, 2 down when I first got the kit.

The stretch took me a while to get used to.

That said, I don't think I will ever play a kit with more than 1 up.

You will "groove" so much more with the 1 up, 2 down. (I believe!)

Plus, you use your kick SO much more than your toms! And no 22 can sound or feel like a 26! The beats sound more full and rich. Almost like you are playing with your own bass player!

I am hoping to get a matching 28 x 20 for my kit this year!

So Cal Mike,

That is a great looking kick and even better looking hair!!!!

Just kidding! I have pics like that but with me on guitar!

I love my 26!!!! The feel is amazing!

And, I didn't think I would like the 1 up, 2 down when I first got the kit.

The stretch took me a while to get used to.

That said, I don't think I will ever play a kit with more than 1 up.

You will "groove" so much more with the 1 up, 2 down. (I believe!)

Plus, you use your kick SO much more than your toms! And no 22 can sound or feel like a 26! The beats sound more full and rich. Almost like you are playing with your own bass player!

I am hoping to get a matching 28 x 20 for my kit this year!

Thanks Mike Hey that was the 80's lol........ Are you sure you want to deal with a 28X20? Got any pic's of your 26"?
Now here is a pic of my 26" pair of Super Classic 4 ply Maple from 1990 yes...the port holes are on the large side
ludwig.jpg

Don't worry I understood the joke.

whew for a minute there i thought it had been lost! that one apostrophe makes all the difference.

Here is a link with my kit

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41242&highlight=battlefield

My 26 x 18 is no problem to lug around.

So, another 2 inches on each side can't make that much of a difference!!!!

But I am 6' 4", so a 28 x 20 for me is like a 5' 9" person carrying around a 22 x 16!

The 28 x 20 will be a matching Battlefield drum.

Those ports in the BD are pretty nice!!!!

Here is a link with my kit

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41242&highlight=battlefield

My 26 x 18 is no problem to lug around.

So, another 2 inches on each side can't make that much of a difference!!!!

But I am 6' 4", so a 28 x 20 for me is like a 5' 9" person carrying around a 22 x 16!

The 28 x 20 will be a matching Battlefield drum.

Those ports in the BD are pretty nice!!!!

So true I'm 5'9" and can't see going to a 24" anymore lol...........

Back