MY BUDDY RICH DRUM COMPANY NAMM KIT 2007

I purchased these in about Nov 2006 but I could not have them untill after it was premeried at NAMM Jan 2007 in Anahiem Calif.I was at NAMM also to see them premiered and this kit is very nice. They no longer make this kit because Cathy Rich and Nick Rich decided to have SJC Custom drums make them.
The kit below was made in the DW factory in Tiawan and it is total quality.

They no longer make these any more at the Buddy Rich Drum Company in the DW factory in Tiawan...SJC builds them now but they cost about $3,500.00 now...The kit is about $2,965.00 and the snare about $520.00.I paid less than 1/2 of that I bought them moreless for a kit for my family room and my 4 yr old daughter.I had no idea the Riches would of abandoned the first origional drum line.Remember DW also made a (BR tribute kit )in the USA DW factory. The kit cost about $5,000.00 about a yr ago .

Links to SJC New Buddy Rich Drums.
http://buddyrichdrumcompany.com/index.php?area=products&details=2&rpage=1

Snare link
http://buddyrichdrumcompany.com/index.php?area=products&details=1&rpage=1

In collaboration with the Buddy Rich Family, Music Industry Vet Bill Morgan (worked at Zildjian 22 years)has launched The Buddy Rich Drum Company.

The BR Signature Kit
The Buddy Rich Signature kit is designed after the legend’s personal specifications. The 100% Maple shell’s ply distribution from one drum size to another is arranged to deliver the best tone, projection and resonance. The 14”x24” bass drum and two 16”X16” floor toms are 7 ply, the 9”X13” rack tom is 6 ply and the matching 5”x14” snare drum is 10 ply.

The Beaver Tail Lugs, “Rail Consolette” Tom mount and shell-mounted ride and splash cymbal holders are vintage in design, but manufactured to meet the quality and durability demands of today’s drummer. The gorgeous, high-density White Marine Pearl finish rounds out the authentic features of this amazing sounding drum kit.

4019.jpg

BR4.jpg

BR3.jpg

BR2.jpg

EXCUSE DUST

2007_0511Image0003.jpg

That looks absolutely incredible, you've made me very jealous! Really stunning kit, congratulations.

They no longer make these any more at the Buddy Rich Drum Company in the DW factory in Tiawan...SJC builds them now but they cost about $3,500.00 now...The kit is about $2,965.00 and the snare about $520.00.I paid less than 1/2 of that I bought them moreless for a kit for my family room and my 4 yr old daughter.I had no idea the Riches would of abandoned the first origional drum line.Remember DW also made a (BR tribute kit )in the USA DW factory. The kit cost about $5,000.00 about a yr ago .

Beautiful kit. I had no idea that DW had or has a factory in Taiwan. I thought they only had the Oxnard and Encinada facilities. What else do they have made there?

Beautiful kit. I had no idea that DW had or has a factory in Taiwan. I thought they only had the Oxnard and Encinada facilities. What else do they have made there?

I have no idea what else they make over there I had no idea myself untill Bill Morgon told me.When I found out about the Buddy Rich kit I contacted Bill thru myspace and he wrote me and let me know where they were made.

Here is the letter below.

Jan 3, 2007 Hi
I am sharing the factory DW uses in Taiwan. The shells are made in that facility. DW had a kit made with Keller shells last year, which retailed for about $6,000. I wanted to make a high quality kit, at affordable prices. After over a year of rejecting numerous samples, I believe the final product is truly worthy of it's price point. Some details that can't be seen in the photo's are the tooling on the hardware, that feature the famous BR shield. The white marine pearl covering comes from a famous manufacturer, which is initially made in Italy, then finished here in the U.S.- then shipped to Taiwan for use on the drums. This covering is VERY expensive , but absolutely worth the cost.
Best,
Bill

Back