What's your "day" job?

I'm in sales, currently for an industry-leading software company.
Regularly get told to "stop tapping" when i'm in the office....

IT consultant for BioMed startups in Silicon Valley.

Here's a little diddy about Vince Colaiuta ,he said that his second career choice would have been as a computer programmer.

Lot's of musicians in tech and comp sci.

Head of Music in a private secondary school.
I teach classroom music, conduct choir, stage band and concert band, also teach composition and some percussion & brass. Nice, well mannered teenagers, and friendly, supportive parents/families. Probably one of the best teaching jobs in one of the best schools.

Aircraft mechanic for 10 years. Spent the last 4 working in the experimental test department of a jet engine manufacturer. Most people just assume we build cars though, HAHA!

Here's a little diddy about Vince Colaiuta ,he said that his second career choice would have been as a computer programmer.

Senior Web Developer at a design agency.
(a programmer in other words!)

I do IT as well. Lots in this list do... I kinda wonder if the job makes us more likely to sign up for a internet forum rather than drummers being more likely to be in IT.

Federal Government Human Resources. It's pretty much the most boring job on the face of the earth. I'd rather flip burgers if I could make the same money... lol

Back