Drummerworld Dictionary

Seems like I drink Devil's Juice everyday. We just started a new regimen about 2 months ago. My wife makes this great smoothie in our Vitamix. I'm just about to start on my Kale/Spinach/blueberry/pineapple/pear/banana/chia seed/coconut oil/hempseed/moringa/grapefruit juice green smoothie. It looks horrifying but actually tastes quite good.

In all seriousness, I've never felt better.

Jim, with a name like Fiore, may I suggest an avatar for you? No copyright attached of course...

It's a bit more drummy :)

That is most impressive and I am honored at your efforts (not to mention that you apparently know Italian). I will use this, but not for my avatar. The pupster has been with me for nearly 25 years, ever since I first drew the cartoon in my living room. It can be found here in its entirety: www.dissidents.com/images/pupstercartoon.jpg

Too much history to abandon it.

Thanks!

Seems like I drink Devil's Juice everyday. We just started a new regimen about 2 months ago. My wife makes this great smoothie in our Vitamix. I'm just about to start on my Kale/Spinach/blueberry/pineapple/pear/banana/chia seed/coconut oil/hempseed/moringa/grapefruit juice green smoothie. It looks horrifying but actually tastes quite good.

In all seriousness, I've never felt better.

Make sure you rotate your greens. If you have nothing but kale in your smoothies, it will start making you feel bad in the long run. I found this out the hard way, myself. All of the "healthy greens" (like kale, chard, spinach, etc.) have a toxin in them that, for the most part, keeps insects from eating them. If you eat one of them frequently (ie, everyday), after about 3-4 months you'll start to experience scary neurological symptoms. Switch them around, and also add some root vegetables to your smoothies, like carrots and radishes, to round out your fruit-heavy creations (which can give you sugar spikes and lead to diabetes, despite all the fiber--well, the good news is, at least, that you haven't been juicing for 2 months in a row...yikes!)

Been there, done that. I want you to be in tip top health when I eviscerate you...

Make sure you rotate your greens. If you have nothing but kale in your smoothies, it will start making you feel bad in the long run. I found this out the hard way, myself. All of the "healthy greens" (like kale, chard, spinach, etc.) have a toxin in them that, for the most part, keeps insects from eating them. If you eat one of them frequently (ie, everyday), after about 3-4 months you'll start to experience scary neurological symptoms. Switch them around, and also add some root vegetables to your smoothies, like carrots and radishes, to round out your fruit-heavy creations (which can give you sugar spikes and lead to diabetes, despite all the fiber--well, the good news is, at least, that you haven't been juicing for 2 months in a row...yikes!)

Been there, done that. I want you to be in tip top health when I eviscerate you...

Hey good tip asshole. :p Seriously, I never knew that. I will definitely rotate my greens. But you are saying that I should do some greens other than kale spinach and chard right? Like I can't do chard for a week, then kale for a week etc. right? Like do turnip greens then mustard greens every other week? Or do they have the toxin too?

Eating fresh mangos or even drinking a fresh mango smoothie 1 hour prior to medicating will dramatically increase the euphoric feelings felt by THC, and it will help ease your pain of getting moded and corroded by the Wumpus more effectively.

Eating fresh mangos or even drinking a fresh mango smoothie 1 hour prior to medicating will dramatically increase the euphoric feelings felt by THC, and it will help ease your pain of getting moded and corroded by the Wumpus more effectively.

All right, buddy, I think you've had enough mangos.

This I never heard before. Rotate my greens. Eat fresh mangos every other hour lol.

Thanks guys. I'll get right on it.

I will definitely rotate my greens. But you are saying that I should do some greens other than kale spinach and chard right? Like I can't do chard for a week, then kale for a week etc. right? Like do turnip greens then mustard greens every other week? Or do they have the toxin too?

I'm not entirely sure. I was doing kale smoothies every day for about 4 months before I started developing symptoms similar to MS. It went on for another year while I visited neurologists, allergenists, and several doctors, all trying to diagnose some sort of left turn my body took while I was living otherwise optimally. It was finally taking kale out of my diet, at the recommendation of one of the allergenists, that stopped the symptoms.

I mix my greens now, including all sorts of kales and chards, collard greens, mustard greens, and spinach. I haven't had recurring symptoms.

And now for the obligatory pointed sendoff: You are a douche canoe. :)

I'm not entirely sure. I was doing kale smoothies every day for about 4 months before I started developing symptoms similar to MS. It went on for another year while I visited neurologists, allergenists, and several doctors, all trying to diagnose some sort of left turn my body took while I was living otherwise optimally. It was finally taking kale out of my diet, at the recommendation of one of the allergenists, that stopped the symptoms.

I mix my greens now, including all sorts of kales and chards, collard greens, mustard greens, and spinach. I haven't had recurring symptoms.

I've been doing Kale smoothies for almost 2 years and not had issues.

Although I often skip the kale on the weekends, and I do occasionally mix up the greens just for the heck of it.

Everybody is different. I'll take Phil's advise and switch em up. Better to eat a variety of greens than the same one or 2, that's just common sense. Me I could eat green rotten meat and not have any issues. Well not really, but I normally have a fairly strong constitution.

Strange that eating a superfood like Kale can cause some people to have neurological malfunctions. Too much of anything is not good. Balance.

I think Kale is very high in vitamin K and will do strange things. A guy at work had to eliminate it because of a heart valve he had replaced.

I think Kale is very high in vitamin K and will do strange things. A guy at work had to eliminate it because of a heart valve he had replaced.

I'm going to guess he was on anti-coagulents (blood thinners) because vitamin K is involved in coagulation and can reverse the effect of warfarin (Coumadin). My father had heart issues and was on warfarin. (Today's fun side fact: warfarin is also used as rat poison.)

Kale has boatloads of vitamin K (like several times the RDA per serving) and is also high in vitamin A. We buy baby kale and use it as a salad green. Mature kale is a bit too strong to eat raw and I'll only use it cooked. I make an Italian-inspired soup using cannellini beans and kale that even Magenta might like. Er, excuse me, I mean Geraldo.

I make an Italian-inspired soup using cannellini beans and kale that even Magenta might like. Er, excuse me, I mean Geraldo.

You could send some over for me to try, and I'll let you know, Geraldo, but I doubt it.

I knew kale was the work of the devil. Why would you even risk it, when it's so easy - and so much more pleasant - to avoid it?

I kind of like it. Being man from U.N.C.L.E (what a dopey name) is much cooler than being someone's old fuddy duddy uncle.

United Network Command for Law and Enforcement...

...DrummerWorld members, you've been warned :)

He's my oncle d'Amérique :)

So, Larry's your old fuddy duddy uncle :)

I will use this, but not for my avatar.

Cool :)

The pupster has been with me for nearly 25 years, ever since I first drew the cartoon in my living room. It can be found here in its entirety: www.dissidents.com/images/pupstercartoon.jpg!

Very funny Jim, I like it :)

Oh, BTW, the pupster's happy...

Back